This weekend we have friends in town and we're really excited. Actually it was going to be Caren and John but now sadly, John can't make it so it'll be Caren in all of her greatness visiting the big ole NC and enjoying a weekend away to celebrate all of her "laboring" during the week. Happy Labor Day to all, come Monday.
On the agenda? I'm not sure but I'm quickly trying to play hostest with the mostest and pull together a fab plan. So far I've come up with a babysitter on Saturday night so dinner at The Customshop and drinks/dessert afterwards at Crave - CLT's very own dessert bar. Come on already. A glass of wine and a cupcake?? I'm so sold on this very idea it pains me that I never thought of it myself. My mouth is already watering. Yum! Then on Sunday, Mike discovered a blue grass band is playing at the White Water Center so that might be on the docket for Sun. afternoon after the Monkey naps. Beyond this, we'll just hang out, maybe go here or there, but all in all, play major catch up session with a dear friend who we've loved since forever ago. Coffee talk with the besties. I can't wait!
For the Monkey this week - she's now officially saying "round" and "knee." Weird words to pick up, huh? Well, she's busted her knees open so many times that they flat out have never had time to heal. So I'm constantly talking about her "boo boos" on her "knees" and putting bandaids on her "knees" and "let me kiss your knees", etc. Knees was surely going to catch on at some point. And it has. "Round" kind of surprised me but it was the result of me making a "track" on the driveway out of chalk for her trucks. And what do trucks do on the track?? They go "round" and "round". And what do the wheels on said trucks do?? They go "round" and "round". You're catching on. As is she.
Our next running race could be next week but I'm still undecided. On 9/11 is the "Hog Jog 5K" that I've never heard of but it's run right uptown so as far as location goes, that's super convenient. The thing is, they don't have a baby jogger category which means we'll have to run with the masses and since I've never heard of this race, I don't know the size so I'm not sure what I'll be getting myself into. I have a feeling it's going to be small. Mike likes the idea of eating BBQ and drinking beers post race so maybe we'll do it. Stay tuned here.
As far as preschool goes and my mention of it earlier, every child I know in the neighborhood is going this fall regardless of age. Interesting. I guess I'm most curious about the 14 month + kids because they are in Eloise's age group and the thought of sending her to school this fall never occured to me. Well, it occured to me but only because everyone's doing it but us. I guess #1, I can't send her to school this fall because she still takes a morning nap.....a preschool "no no". And since I just officially started a "real" schedule for her and it means she's really sleeping at 9am then that means no preschool for the Monkey. But honestly, #2 I don't want to send her to school at this age. I don't think it's necessary. I think she gets enough interaction with other kids from the playdates and other than this, I'm home for a reason. To be with the Monkey. Then I think to myself....will you send her this time next year? And my initial thought is still "no". Unless I think she's painfully shy or some other social issue is going on with other kids and adults, I'm really not thinking about sending her to preschool until age 3. Is that crazy this day in age? Because I'm starting to really feel crazy. I was so surprised to hear that literally every kid in the neighborhood her age + or - a few months is going to school this fall. I guess if the parents have a tee-tiny one at home as well I can understand. They want some alone time with baby #2. But other than this, I'm just not sure I'm bought into the program. Seriously though, am I missing something??
I guess that's a wrap for the week. I can't think of anything more. All else remains the same with the Monkey. She continues to love sticks (growing pile in our driveway. she's proving to be a great help before Mike mows the yard.) and sidewalk chalk. Food Wars continue but I did get wise to it yesterday and today where I fed her lunch outside for a "picnic." She's a girl on the move and so being outside (her all-time favorite place) proved to really help the eating situation. Like she came to me over and over and over again to eat more of her orange and sandwich. I literally got 1/2 of an orange in her and 1 entire PB&J sans crust. I was pretty impressed. I need to research getting her a table and chairs. Then we could picnic outside all the time. How cute those pics would be??
Anyway, here are some more pics from this week's driveway/yard adventures. These are the ones that didn't make the cut earlier in the week. I take too many pics. Lol. Happy long weekend!


0 comments:
Post a Comment