Today was finally the Monkey's 15 month Drs appt. The one they rescheduled on me and then I missed. Yes, today was the make-up match. Here are some stats..
Height: 30 1/2 inches - 25th percentile. She's shrinking! No, not really. And I've said this before, the "lie the child down on the table and bust our the yardstick" measuring technique really doesn't seem accurate to me but whatever. It's what they do.
Weight: 24lbs 1.5 ounces - 70th percentile.
Head Circumference: 47 cm - 75th percentile. And the head keeps growing. Lol!
The Monkey's in perfect health. We met with the head nurse practioner today - we flip flop between Judy Osbourne and Dr. Amy Ryan and today's appt was with Judy - who said Eloise looks and sounds great. She's right on track with where she should be developmentally. She's growing in a "great trajectory" according to her chart. She's on schedule with all of her shots - 2 more today. Hep A and the Flu shot (I went ahead and got her the Flu shot, which includes H1N1 in this year's batch. Smart.) My concerns about her eating and her teeth were null and void. Eating - she's just a typical 15 month old. She'll eat when she's hungry and I'm not to become a short order cook, which I'm not (mostly). I only freak out and start whipping up 10 meals when she's literally consumed nothing in a day (which has only happened once). Otherwise I offer her 2 or 3 things and if she doesn't eat, we move on. As far as her teeth go, Eloise wants to brush them herself and that means they aren't getting brushed. I let her play with the toothbrush for a bit but then I try to run interference so that I can get in there and actually brush them. Problem is she locks that little mouth shut. I've gotten creative though and we now brush them in the bathtub at night, which is helping. She's distracted and laughing and I can give those teeth a few good swipes. The morning brushing is still a challenge as my independent little Monkey wants to take care of her teeth all on her own. I'll keep working on it.
All else was good with the appt. It was at 8:30am so both of us rolled in there in our PJs. I feel like an 8:30am appt doesn't require a change of clothes. And so PJs it was. Oh one other tid bit from the appt. Eloise is drinking too much milk. Still. Agh! She went from 60-64oz (I know, that's crazy) to 30-32oz after I dropped her and now they don't want her to have any more than 16-20oz in one day. Unreal. The one thing I know - no matter what - that she'll consume and they say she's still drinking too much. Also, I'm to change her to 2% if I want. She's not overweight and there's "much debate about Whole Milk vs. 2%" so really it's up to me. I'm going to change to 2% after this last gallon is gone. We'll see how things goes as far as dropping the daily ounces because she really drinks her milk. (or as she calls it, her "Dorrrrrrrr" because she gets milk in her Dora cup.)
In other news.....our yard is getting completely dug up today, new soil is being put down and then seed and straw to follow. Laaaaaaa.........aaaaaahhhhhh! FINALLY we are getting our much complained about yard fixed. I've promised to be this neighborhood's all-time best waterer with my double-watering-shift-per-day when Mike's out of town and I swear, if it kills both of us, this yard will be plush, and green, and beautiful in no time. Now a little bit of praying that we lose this insane 90+ degree weather so the grass actually wants to make an appearance and we're good to go. Next on the yard list......getting a tree planted in the front yard. We're making progress, people. We're making progress.
Tomorrow is the 5K for the little girl with cancer. I'm a pinch miffed by the packet pick-up times and locations but somehow I'll make it happen. I have 2 options. 1) Drive to nearly the South Carolina border tonight sometime between 5 and 7pm and pick up my packet. Which means I need to drive at least 45 minutes to the burbs to pick up my race number, and really that translates to 45 minutes plus all of the additional minutes I sit in rush hour traffic on a Friday night.....all during the exact same time I typically feed Eloise, bathe her, and put her to sleep. OR.......2) I get the packet tomorrow morning before the race starts sometime between 6:30am and 7:30am, which is also not convenient because as I've said before, I clock my pre-race time to the minute so that I don't have Eloise in the stroller for too long. Major sigh on both of these sh*tty options. I'm torn on what to do because sitting in rush hour traffic with a baby who will have had to eat an early dinner and go without a bath and possibly be put to bed after her bedtime sounds just as bad to me as running a 5K with a straight-backed screaming baby who wants nothing more than to NOT be in a 5K race strapped into a jog stroller. Can someone just Star Flight that race number to me, PLEASE??? Thanks.
Ok, so I believe that's it for this Friday and our update. The Monkey is sleeping and when she gets up were going for a brutally hot run (the only time we could go today). Have a great weekend!


0 comments:
Post a Comment