Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Baby Hoarder

That should be the name of a new show. Eloise, the baby hoarder.  She really is a hoarder and since I lack experience in the parenting department, I have no idea if this is developmental or the beginning of a problem that will be seeking counseling some day. Eloise hoards. And she hoards in a big way.  She's now at the point where she has to take many, and I mean many, stuffed animals with her everywhere she goes. And god forbid one drops to the floor, because that means Mommy has to carefully bend down to get the missing friend all while practicing a balancing act with the other 5 or 6 she's insisted on bringing with her.  And actually, the hoarding isn't just happening with stuff animals. It's pretty much anything.

Another example, today we went to the library.  What did Eloise go into the library with?  A brand new pair of PJs.  And she wasn't wearing those PJs. Oh no, she wanted to carry them.  The top and the bottoms. All the way from the laundry room, to the car, on the drive to the library, and into the children's section to get new books.  Whatelse came along, a truck. Of course.  Is this the way it's going to be from now on? 

We have a trip or two planned over the next week or so and honestly, I can't imagine schlepping all of this stuff around. It's seriously giving me a thigh workout. It's like she drops this stuff on purpose. Oh and the hoarding has carried on over to her crib.  (really, it's carried on over to every part of her life.) It's at the point now where I can't understand where she actually curls up and sleeps. I've tried to remove stuff for good. She freaks out. For each nap, everything has to be in there.  Meaning, 2 frogs, 2 blankets, 2 soft books, 3 monkeys and a dog. I'm not kidding.  Then when she gets up from the nap, the 3 monkeys have to come downstairs with us.  And if I'm super lucky, those 3 monkeys then also go running with us.  In the Bob stroller. Sitting side by side by side next to Eloise. It's like I have a triple Bob. Can you see why I'm going a little crazy??  Crazytown!  The Baby Hoarder. It'll be on right after Sister Wives and before Quints By Surprise.

Photobucket

0 comments: