Between my friends and me, we've used this phrase "she/he's a climber" for many years. And it always gives me a chuckle. It came from Andrea's dad and it was in reference to us high schoolers (at the time) going on to college, then finding jobs, and yada yada. See....we were "climbers." Always reaching high and having great success. Lol. And therefore, any one of our friends who accomplishes something, whether that be getting a raise, or finding an excellent sale on 7 jeans, well, they're climbers. Thank you Mr. Clark. We love your saying. It's been used in perfect form for all of these years!
Well, now "she's a climber" has to take on a more literal sense because Eloise is seriously climbing the walls around here. If it's something that can be climbed, she'll climb it. She's now dumping toys out of her wagon and climbing into it. She's climbing on top of her baby doll stroller, climbing into the Bob stroller, climbing up on the ottoman and sofa, the book baskets, the play cube, up the stairs, and the list goes on and on and on. We really love hitting new developmental milestones around here (insert sarcasm). It's so much fun to be on guard and stressed out watching your child explore all while approaching a near face plant incident into the hardwoods. Lord.
Nonetheless, the other day when I turned my back for 10 seconds to finish folding a shirt fresh from the dryer, come to find out, that was just the right amount of time for the Monkey to sneak right on into the dryer. It was all stealth too. I didn't even hear her! And she was maybe 12 inches behind me. Someone save me. I will say though, her climbing has reached gymnast status. She's quite good at getting herself into something. Not so hot at getting herself back out of something (but we're working on that part). So for the dryer, I give her a 8.5. She got in fast and did it perfectly quietly. I was none the wiser. She would have gotten a perfect 10 if she could have gotten herself back out safely but as I said, we're working on the dismount.


1 comments:
ADORABLE!! Love that! Now she can help with the laundry.
Post a Comment