Sunday, October 17, 2010

Eloise, where's Daddy?

I've been teaching Eloise all weekend where Daddy is.  I've talked to her all about his plane ride, then his train ride and then his boat ride. And actually, she's really quite jealous.  She told me.  I mean how can one trip include every major means of transportation that Eloise loves??  And so in teaching her all of this, she now starts chanting "Dada Dada Dada" whenever a train goes by or she sees one pictured in a book. Same goes for an airplane. She's getting quite good at it.  Then today, we were going through her Curious George book and I showed her a cabin and said, "and Daddy's staying in a cabin with Grandpa and Cousin Jon." I should have known she'd pick up this quickly because Daddy's whereabouts have been a major topic of interest all weekend.  So repeatedly throughout the morning and afternoon, she'd grab the Curious George book, flip to the page that has a cabin on it, point to it and say "Dada Dada Dada."  You can tell who's being mucho missed around here!

One thing to note that is pretty hilarious. Up until Daddy's trip north, the house to the right of the cabin has always been her favorite. See, this page is dedicated to all different kinds of houses. So there is a castle and a boathouse. A skyscraper, a pueblo, a bird house and the list goes on and on.  And what's always been her favorite??  The trailer. Why?? It has wheels. That's my girl.

Photobucket