I think I've mentioned we're trying to grow grass. This is the first of many landscaping projects we need to undertake and as far as I'm concerned, the most time consuming. Sadly, we didn't invest in an irrigation system when we built the new house so guess who the official waterer is around here?? Ah yes, that'd be me. We have sprinklers set up so thankfully that helps but there are areas of the yard that they don't reach so guess who's out there with baby on one hip and hose in hand spraying the yard? Ah yes, that'd be me. I've been the official "water boy" now going on our 3rd week and the grass is actually coming along nicely so I need not complain. I just hope it sticks and it lives vs. all other neighbors who have attempted to grow grass on their own in our tree covered neighborhood. Large shade trees are great and all but they don't make for pretty yards.
Nonetheless I'm on a mission and therefore, twice a day I'm out there watering. First the front yard and then the back. Eloise has been deemed my second in command and loves nothing more than to go "round" the house with Mommy, as she says, to start or stop one sprinkler and move on to the other. As I said, twice a day so between the two of us, we're going "round" quite a few times. Today was a particularly pretty day. Temps were in the mid 70s and on our second "round" of watering, the Monkey decided to play a little in the water. As we all know, she loves water so what could be more fun than a little sprinkler action in the front yard??


0 comments:
Post a Comment