Monday, October 25, 2010

The NC State Fair

Lots of fun was had by all at the NC State Fair this weekend in Raleigh. All snobbery was tucked away and Corinna, Eloise and I had the best time. We went first thing Saturday morning and explored all the Fair had to offer including the land of "turkey shoots", ferris wheel and fair rides, farm yard animals, funnel cakes and much more.  We were planning on going when we first arrived on Friday afternoon but I passed the state fairgrounds on my way into RDU and saw the massive crowds and traffic on the roads leading in that we decided to go first thing Saturday morning, which was the best move we made. Because we were there first thing, we almost had the run of the place. It was perfect. The weather was nice and cool, it was sunny and there were no crowds for any of the activities.  In total, the Monkey pretty much loved it all. She wanted to run around and catch the sites including barns full of animals and tractors (including some cow cuddling - pic below), stuffed animals, rides and just plain Fair mania.  Really she just loved running around like a mad woman. I bagged the stroller for this outing as well and I either carried her or let her go for it. I thought that was a good move because managing the stroller, and her, and the diaper bag, without turning Corinna into my mule would have been too much. She was a wiggle worm, don't get me wrong, and she wanted to run around the entire time vs letting Mommy hold her but back to the fact that we went early and the place wasn't too crowded yet, I could keep a handle on her. We'll definitely be going next year as the trip was well worth it and so much fun. Cheap, easy adventure. Perfect!

Here are pics of the day including some of Eloise on her first horse ride. (look out for another post tomorrow with new pics of those super cute Proctor twins! they are growing like mad. seriously almost to voting age. unreal!)


Photobucket

1 comments:

Corinna said...

Great pics!!! And what a great time! Loved that we went for it. I never would have known how cool it was if it weren't for your bravery. Eloise was so super good and hilarious to watch. Loved seeing you guys! Glad Mike is back from Canada - next year we can all go!