Thursday, October 14, 2010

The hoarding continues

Everyday before we go running I say, "Eloise, we're going running soon. Would you like to bring anything with you?"  So maybe saying this is contributing to my little hoarder and all of her "issues" but hey, at least I'm totally upfront with you and telling you the entire story, right?

So today, I did my usual.  Keep in mind, this is also my attempt at keeping running fun for her. I want to get in as many running days as I can with her before this entire short-lived phase is over for me. She's growing which means there will obviously come a time when I don't physically want to push her around. But for the time being, while she's relatively small, I want her to enjoy it vs. screaming her fool head off in there. 

Ok, so I say....."Eloise, we're going running....." and then she scurries off.  Tap tap tap tap tap.  She reappears with 2 monkies. Ok, great. In the Bob stroller they go. Then....tap tap tap tap tap.  And she returns with a garbage truck.  Huh. She thinks that garbage truck is going with her but I'll do some sort of finagling to remove it.  Tap tap tap tap tap......because of course, that's not all folks. She returns this time with a car and a tractor. No "people" yet in the tractor. Into the Bob they go.  Tap tap tap tap tap.  Back she is with the farmer, the pig and the cow. For the tractor, you see.  Then one last......tap tap tap tap for good measure and this time she returns with the duck.  Because obviously you can't take the farmer, the pig and the cow for a run if you don't have the duck.  I mean, hello.

So at this point, she's managed to delicately place all said items up into the seat of the Bob. Obviously there is not a chance at actually getting a baby into this stroller, not with all of this crap piled up so we start compromising.  "Eloise, let's leave the garbage truck and the tractor here and we'll play with them as soon as we get home."  For once she seemed fine with this decision and gave me zero fuss. I'm making good headway. Then, behind my back when she wasn't looking I quickly removed the car. I can only pick so many battles. And now we're left with 2 monkies, the farmer, the pig, the cow and the duck. A cup of milk - my addition to the mix. My phone, keys and also the toys that already exist in the stroller and we're ready to go. As you can expect, I captured nearly most of the hoarding.


And finally, we're out the door.

Photobucket

0 comments: