Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Girls weekend was a really good time. Sun, girl talk, cocktails poolside, sleeping in, cocktails poolside, trash mags, cocktails poolside, running sans jog stroller, cocktails poolside. Ok, there was a whole lot of nothin' going on but sitting by a pool - a kiddie pool no less - drinking and chatting. It was the best. And I've figured out how to be old-aged and not wake up with a hangover on a girls weekend.  Here's the recipe.....have many drinks over the course of a full day, switching to water on occasion, going to dinner and then having an early night to bed.....and ta da!.....you wake up feeling like a million bucks, sans hangover. Nice pointers, right? I know.

On to more important topics.  The 7 of us girls were all in for a complete 3 day vacation sans kids.  Everyone had at least 2 kids and only 2 of us had 1 so for what it's worth, the 2-fers, as we'll call them, really deserved a break from their crazy lives.  And the other 2 of us just flat out were excited to have a break. 1 kid, 2 kids. Whatever. Details.  As I said eariler, somehow we did end up hunkering down in front of the kiddie pool for 2 days in a row (gravitational pull?? not sure.)  but I will say, there was no one at this resort the entire time we were there and that included kids so we really had the run of the place and the kid pool had the best sun to tree ratio.  Yes, it was fully evaluated and discussed. We were some serious sun and relaxation seeking Moms.

Oh, here's another pointer.....Arnold Palmer Tea/Lemonade drink is delicious....mix it with Sweet Tea Vodka, and forget it. Yum. Wait, am I back on to drinking?  Yes, we were really those Moms who brought our own poolside beverages, cooler full of ice, solo cups and all.  Lol. Hey, it was sun and fun on the cheap. What could be better??

To be expected, I missed the Monkey and Mike. They had a great weekend sans Mom and by the sounds of it, had a ton of bonding time.  This Mom vacation really couldn't have come at a better time for Eloise developmentally because she's really clingy to me right now and of course, I want her to be just as comfortable with Mike, the Baby Whisperer, etc. so this was the perfect time for me to get away and have Mike be the one who was here for her every second she needed something, wanted to do something, wanted to show him something, etc. Perfect.

Before I left, the Monkey was really cute, of course. She was running around this place with her cowgirl boots on - the same ones that no longer fit her, total bummer. She insists on wearing them so I need to find some more.  So here she is in her PJs and cowgirl boots. Could. Not. Be. Cuter.


Photobucket

0 comments: