I guess if you get puked on it's only a matter of time until you start puking, right? Hindsight 20/20 on this situation because as of yesterday around 4:30pm, I was hovering over the bowl puking my guts out. The Monkey was happily watching Cars movie - my only saving grace right now for feeling so terrible. My puke fest continued right on into story time last night when I was putting her to bed. Together, we made a b-line to the toilet mid-book where mommy again puked her guts out. And this time with the Monkey standing by watching the entire meltdown. How disgusting. Maybe I can use this as a teaching time and she can learn how to hold Mommy's hair back?
I tucked her in at 7pm and promptly tucked myself in at 7:30pm. She seems better today. Or at least I didn't find her covered in puke at 6:15am. I, on the only hand, am death walking. I really do miss the days when I said, "I hardly ever get sick." Now being a mom, as soon as Eloise gets sick, it's just a matter of time before I'm hit with the same funk. I don't have the baby whisperer today. The least I could do was keep her away from the scene of the crime. So today will include several naps from both Eloise and mommy, a lot of water sipping, toast, and some movies. That's it. And if Eloise starts feeling a little better and wants to play, I'm going to have inform her that today is not a day for playing. Tomorrow, maybe. If she's lucky.


0 comments:
Post a Comment