Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

I'm thankful for a lot and I won't get into one giant sappy post today, I promise. I'm still a pinch sick (may have been a bit overzealous yesterday after feeling better for the first time in days).  And although I've spent a good amount of time as of late complaining on this blog about being sick, I'll start off my "thankful" list with this....I'm thankful for my health. Beyond this crazy 2 weeks of one unknown illness after another, I'm truly one of the healthiest people I know and I'm so, so thankful.

I'm very thankful for my husband and daughter. They are truly my world. When I'm here with Eloise and she's playing I often catch myself gazing out the window thinking about where I was and where I've come over the past 17 months. I'm thankful for my family. I'm a little crazy and dramatic and I'm sure the list of whatelse I am is long but my family still loves me. Regardless of my antics. That's pretty cool. 

I'm thankful for my friends. My friends are ones I've had in my life since I was a wee-one and they are still the ones I call daily, I count on in a pinch and I live for getting together with as often as we all can.  I'm thankful for the baby whisperer. She truly is my life line during the week. She's amazing with Eloise and without her help, I wouldn't make it.

Ok, and now some ancillaries....I'm thankful for Eloise and Mike's health - they've really hung in there this year. I'm thankful for running, for coffee, and I might even throw in hot chocolate into that mix. Yum. I'm thankful for my current working-from-home-arrangement. I'm thankful for the fun mom's group in the neighborhood and all of the kiddos there are for Eloise to grow up with. I'm thankful for long weekends and vacations with my family. And I'm thankful for a certain amount of clarity and right-sizing that has helped keep me grounded, grateful and appreciative. It's taught me to never take anything for granted.

And some pictures from yesterday of the Monkey hanging out with her BFF, Grandma. Check out all of her hair fitting into a pony. Too cute.

0 comments: