We're taking a break from the Cars movie. It's sadly wreaked quite a bit of havoc around here the last few days and so I've decided we're going to enjoy a nice, long intermission. Get some snacks, step outside, and maybe even make a few calls. Then after we take a nice breather, we'll reconvene and get Cars back up and running again. We're not threw with this fantastic movie all together. Believe me. It has quickly become a family fav. But together, we need to reassess how we allow Eloise to watch it.
Why, you might ask? Because after further review, I've figured out that the last two mornings have been filled with screaming and complete and utter tantrums (starting at 5:30am as I've blogged) yelling "down, down, down," because she wants to go downstairs and do what?? She wants to watch the "mooooooov, moooov, moooov" Cars movie. It took me an extra day but I finally figured out what was going on here as this morning she's pointing at the TV and crying and screaming. I don't mind allowing her to watch Cars each day for a controlled amount of time but I can't reward this kind of behavior.
Therefore, morning TV watching is gone until further notice. Actually, today in its entirity, movie watching privileges are gone. Tomorrow we'll reassess. And I'm actually thinking of changing my approach all together and using Cars watching as a reward for good behavior. I'm not above bribery and I'm not above allowing her to watch TV because she was a good girl. Up until now, I let her watch it just because. But after 2 mornings of being woken up from a screaming/crying baby who wants nothing more than to watch TV and won't stop screaming/crying until she is allowed to watch it (or tires herself out because today she was not allowed to watch it once I finally got wise to what was going down.) is just insanely ridiculous. Yes, I'm regaining control and will not allow these kind of meltdowns if I have anything to do with it.
So, Cars intermission it is. We'll be back in a few.
Why, you might ask? Because after further review, I've figured out that the last two mornings have been filled with screaming and complete and utter tantrums (starting at 5:30am as I've blogged) yelling "down, down, down," because she wants to go downstairs and do what?? She wants to watch the "mooooooov, moooov, moooov" Cars movie. It took me an extra day but I finally figured out what was going on here as this morning she's pointing at the TV and crying and screaming. I don't mind allowing her to watch Cars each day for a controlled amount of time but I can't reward this kind of behavior.
Therefore, morning TV watching is gone until further notice. Actually, today in its entirity, movie watching privileges are gone. Tomorrow we'll reassess. And I'm actually thinking of changing my approach all together and using Cars watching as a reward for good behavior. I'm not above bribery and I'm not above allowing her to watch TV because she was a good girl. Up until now, I let her watch it just because. But after 2 mornings of being woken up from a screaming/crying baby who wants nothing more than to watch TV and won't stop screaming/crying until she is allowed to watch it (or tires herself out because today she was not allowed to watch it once I finally got wise to what was going down.) is just insanely ridiculous. Yes, I'm regaining control and will not allow these kind of meltdowns if I have anything to do with it.
So, Cars intermission it is. We'll be back in a few.


0 comments:
Post a Comment