I'm at least upright and in a vertical position vs. horizonal. It's good progress so I thought I'd post. After wanting to literally die on Saturday, I dragged myself to Urgent Care - great place to find yourself on a weekend afternoon - why I didn't just call the Dr. on Friday per my mother's request, I don't know. So I sat there for 2 hours. Awesome. Then they run a flu screen on me to see if that's indeed what I had, because it darn near felt like it and they came back to say "No, it's not the flu. But you have a temperature so we can't go ahead and give you the flu shot today." Ok, well what is it? "It appears you have some sort of virus so unfortunately, we can't give you anything. Just go home and 'treat the symptoms.'" Seriously. That was about the nail in the coffin at that very moment. I've never felt more sick in my life. I actually faced the public with one valiant effort only backed by the sheer idea that I might get some relief through a drs prescription and you are going to send me home with nothing??? Kill me. One straight shot to the head. Just end the misery. So instead of going home completely empty handed, I went to CVS and bought the following:
1 bag of swedish fish
2 cans of chicken noodle soup
1 bag of M&Ms
1 bottle of Tylenol
1 container of Flu something or other - CVS brand
As I'm checking out I'm barely making eye contact with the checkout guy. I'm not trying to be nasty, I just can't deal. And it's only going to be about a 4 second transaction. There's no need for small talk at this very moment. Surely he'll understand. He can chat with the guy behind me. Instead what do I get??? "Ma'm, you should really have a hanky on you. It sounds like you could use one right about now." Whatever look came out of me at that very moment, I can't say for sure but his response might let you know. "Oh, ah, ummm....I'm just sayin'." My only thought - is this kid for real?? Give me my bag of said items and stop talking to me. In fact don't ever talk to customers ever again. Should I ask for his manager's name? I'm half tempted. Thankfully I was literally out of my mind on Saturday so I returned home, ate my snacks, took some meds and returned to my bed to sleep for another several hours.
Then yesterday included more sleeping. Thankfully Mike was here so I could continue to rest. Today I was feeling better, not close to 100% but at least better enough where I could take care of the Monkey and face the world if we indeed had to leave the house - which we only made one quick trip to Harris Teeter for Monkey milk. I'm hoping tomorrow I'm at least 75% there. I haven't run in what seems like an eon. I just need to get some energy back and losing this hated runny nose would be a nice perk. I no longer ache all over and my head is no longer pounding so that's a plus. Oh and I can sleep through the night without having to change my clothes after waking up completely soaked. (I don't make this stuff up. That happened twice on Friday and twice on Saturday. Gross.)
Oh, oh and how could I forget the best part of all of this??? How indeed did I get so sick, after having just gotten sick the week before?? Well, today finally revealed the source. On Wednesday of last week a neighborhood mom and I went to watch another mother's 17 month old and her newborn to give her a break. So Eloise and I trucked on over and this mom trucked on over with her son Cam. In total there were 3 kids around Eloise's age, the newborn, and then us 2 moms to take charge. One of the toddlers had a runny nose but to this day, Eloise still is not sick, not even a runny nose. So that little guy can't be the varment. Nope. Instead, I get a text message from the other volunteer mom just today saying she's been "death walking since Thursday.....has never been this sick before in her life.....listed out her symptoms (which happen to be the exact same ones as mine) and that Cam is completely fine."
Conclusion - she and I got something from the newborn and it freaking knocked us both out. She's still hurting. I at least feel like I'm on the mend. My solution....stop trying to be nice to help out other moms in the neighborhood. Lol. How terrible am I?? Kids are dirty little varments and honestly, I can't deal with getting sick all the time like I apparently do now. Ok, I'm off to bed. I still need another good night's rest. With it maybe I can at least go running tomorrow. Dare to dream.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment