I'm still working on the drapes and the chalkboard but after thorough research of both, it seems impossible for me to get either done by Friday. A girl can dare to dream. Here's the scoop. Our drapes would need to be 93" long and drapes come standard 96" therefore I have to have them custom made. Yikes. That sounds expensive and time consuming. So Friday is out of the question but I have gotten 2 great seamstress recommendations in the area so I'm going to call and get quotes. And I have a "vision" for what material, color and design that I want. I just need to find it. That could prove to be an interesting search.
Then the chalkboard project. I literally drew out it out. (I would buy this somewhere if I could find it but unfortunately I can't.) Here it is.
Very simple but would require some wood cutting. I need some 1x4s in varying lengths and then one semi-decorative piece at the bottom and since I have no idea how to get these pieces cut, this delays my project until further notice. The Monkey and I did go on a field trip today to Lowes to see if they could cut the wood for me and they can do the straight cuts, which is good to know, but who can I get to cut the bottom piece? And can that person make it better than my crocked drawing? Lol. I believe I just need to find a nicer person at Lowes and ask again. This seems really simple for someone who knows their way around a power saw. Is that what they are called? Maybe they are called table saws. Wait. Maybe that's the same thing. Whichever. My research continues.
But there is one thing we are going to accomplish this week and it's the 100 mile running goal. Here is my partner in crime.
Also, here are some other random pics from today. She spends quite a bit of time with her Fisher Price farm. It's been a fav for awhile.
More on Craft Week projects as they move further along.


0 comments:
Post a Comment