Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's update

Big week with baby news as Cousin Chloe made her debut on Tuesday. Then yesterday, my friend Megan announce nugget #2 is coming in mid-October. I love baby debuts and baby news!!  As far as Monkey updates - I only have just a few.  She continues to crawl head down and I actually got it on video. Here she is zooming across the kitchen and back and then at the end she has a complete meltdown for no apparent reason. That's my girl!

We've added some new things to her diet - she's now regularly eating grilled cheese sandwiches and also couscous either plain or added with one of her "meat mixes", as the baby whisperer and I call the foreign jars of ground meat that I select from the organic aisle. Organic or not, that stuff is Gross - capital G.  Sorry Monkey. But you love it and it's good for you.

Tomorrow Aunt Liz, Uncle George and Cousin Maddie come from NY.  We're super excited for them to see Eloise again. She'll have to show them all of her latest tricks. She's developed many since they last saw her. They are on their way south for Spring Break and are passing through so we can all get together. We're all looking forward to seeing them!

We missed music class today but when I tell you why, you'll be as happy as I was.  The Monkey was still napping!  Yes, I know these 75 minute naps are few and far between and yes, I know we paid for music class and should not be skipping it but in this house, we don't wake the baby from good naps.  Or really, we don't wake the baby from any nap.  If she's sleeping, we leave her be.  And with that, it meant we missed music class.  I put her down at 9:45am and she didn't get up until 11:01am. (music class starts at 11am.)  To make up for it, we went to a playdate across the street and had a really fun time. The mom group in this neighborhood continues to impress me. I feel really lucky to have this group of girlfriends and babies so close by. It's something I had no idea we had and now that I know we do, I'm so thankful!

Ok, enough yammer from me. Happy Friday! Mike is sadly traveling for business until tomorrow - who works on the weekends???  Mike does. But it's because he's super dedicated and because he's the best Dad and Husband he could ever be. Thanks honey!! We miss you and love you!

Check out this super sweet picture of Todd and Chloe. Ahhhh.....I could eat her up!


Photobucket

0 comments: