This post will seem ridiculous to some. The Monkey drinks water. Wow. But actually, it really is amazing. Honestly. Here's the deal. When I first introduced water to Eloise at 6 months, she drank it down and was ok with it for about 1 hour. It was pretty impressive. I figured she'd reject it right off the bat and instead, it appeared that she liked it. But that's where her water drinking stopped. I'd try to give it to her at each meal and she'd take the sippy cup, possibly put it to her mouth, but more than likely just play with it, chuck it, bang it, etc. If she actually got some in her mouth, it came oozing out faster than it went in.
Many months passed, continued water drinking encouragement persists (I even sign "water" to her each time. Oh yeah, she knows the word "water" and she knows the sign. Does she drink it??) and literally out of the blue, just last Thursday when I handed over the sippy cup, she grabbed it with both hands and started pounding it down. Really??? It was like she'd never had it before (which isn't too far from the truth) and LOVED it. Ok, let's not jinx things, right?? But let me tell you, she hasn't stopped drinking water since. It was just like that. One day she rejects it. The next she loves it. Too funny.
Although it's just water drinking, it's a milestone in my book. One liquid closer to being breastmilk free!
Pics. Yes, I had to document.
Many months passed, continued water drinking encouragement persists (I even sign "water" to her each time. Oh yeah, she knows the word "water" and she knows the sign. Does she drink it??) and literally out of the blue, just last Thursday when I handed over the sippy cup, she grabbed it with both hands and started pounding it down. Really??? It was like she'd never had it before (which isn't too far from the truth) and LOVED it. Ok, let's not jinx things, right?? But let me tell you, she hasn't stopped drinking water since. It was just like that. One day she rejects it. The next she loves it. Too funny.
Although it's just water drinking, it's a milestone in my book. One liquid closer to being breastmilk free!
Pics. Yes, I had to document.
And this one I just thought was cute.


0 comments:
Post a Comment