Saturday, April 24, 2010

One dirty bird

Or I guess in our case, One Dirty Monkey. Which btw, I went to a pig pickin' this week. I haven't been to one in a coon's age and I have to say, it was quite delicious. And the blue grass music was awesome.  While I was there I was catching up with some old co-workers and since we've all worked together we've had babies. So what did we talk about? That's right. Babies.  Anyway, I was going on a tangent - yes what a surprise - and I said, "well then the Monkey...." and the gentleman sitting beside me, who was not one of my old co-workers but rather just a guest at the pig pickin' said, "You have a monkey?"  Hilarious. I really need to tame down my use of the nickname but it's just too cute and really, who are we fooling? She's a monkey!  I explained that I have a precious little girl named Eloise who is 10 months old and growing like a weed. My husband nicknamed her "the Monkey" when she was born and it stuck. We laughed together at the idea of me going to the zoo picking out my new pet.

Back to my "dirty bird". This crawling stage has made for one dirty baby. And I have a feeling this is the entrance into a childhood full of dirt and grim and all sorts of ruined clothes, banged up knees and dirt stained cheeks and chin. It's actually quite cute so I'm not complaining. She's been crawling for over 2 months now and I've been filling her arsenol with all sorts of protective gear but one thing I can't prevent is the dirt. She's got dirty hands, dirty knees and a dirty face. That's what being a kid is all about, right?  So yesterday I decided to capture the dirt so some day we can look back at our bird who had no problem picking up caterpillars and attempting to eat them, chasing after Mommy and Daddy's flip flops and putting them straight into her mouth or finding the best piece of mulch our garden offers and not taking but one split second to give it a nice juicey lick.


Here's my dirty bird.


And here she is after we brought in the hose:)


Photobucket

0 comments: