I feel like I'm turning into the worst blogger. Agh. I've been so busy lately and blogging has fallen off my to-do list. Not good. I'll try to get back on track here.
Ok, Monkey updates that I've been meaning to jot down. I'm going to list them and then come back to explain...
1) Tooth number 4 has poked through.
2) The Monkey has stood on her own at least 3 times that I've witnessed and to be perfectly honest, it freaked me out.
3) She's officially "cruising."
4) Dare I say we have a nap schedule around this place??
5) The Monkey's boyfriend Brody is here this weekend and it's going to be a 2 day slumber party for the kiddos!! (Mommy is equally as excited about said slumber party!)
6) The entire state of North Carolina is covered in florescent green pollen. Like you'd see a green outline of the state border if you were up in space. I'm not kidding. Oh wait, that's not a Monkey update.
7) Big bath tub.
8) Climbing the stairs.
Ok, the Monkey has another tooth popping through on the top. It's adjacent to the other and it's a top incisor. She's been fussing a little so I figured something else was poking its way through and sure enough, there it was. Another sharp edge.
8) Climbing the stairs.
Ok, the Monkey has another tooth popping through on the top. It's adjacent to the other and it's a top incisor. She's been fussing a little so I figured something else was poking its way through and sure enough, there it was. Another sharp edge.
As far as standing goes, it lasts for like 2-3 seconds but it's the real deal. She will not be holding on to anything, have no clue that she's even doing it and then plop, down on her bottom she goes. It's impressive but scary all at the same time.
The Monkey is now cruising down the sofa, the ottoman, the window sill, and anything she can get her hands on. This skill is starting to pick up some speed but for now she's still very deliberate and thoughtful. Walking prep. Ah! Scary!
Nap schedule - do I really say it? I've been advised not too but for the sake of sharing Eloise's sleep woes, I might as well share some good news. She pretty much now takes 3 - 30 minute naps a day. Weird that this is where we've netted out after all of our efforts but she seems to sleep from 9:30-10, 12:30-1 and 3:30-4. Completely random but that is where we are at this very moment - and have been for about 2 weeks. Not the best but sort of a "schedule" nonetheless.
This weekend the Larsons are in town and they are staying with us for a few days. They have relatives that live in town so typically it's easier for them to stay there. But this time, they've decided to stay here for a few nights and we could not be more excited! Brody, my super fav 2 1/2 year old is definitely courting Eloise in a bad way. This will be his weekend to really put the moves on since they'll be having a slumber party! Many pics to follow.
It's truly a miracle that I don't have allergies. For all of you who do, I'm so, so sorry. It's that time of year again when the entire state of NC turns a disgusting color of green. Our cars are covered. Our house is covered. Every nook and cranny of this place (outside for now - and trying to keep it outside) is completely covered. The freaking cat is green. It's the sacrifice we pay for our beautiful trees blooming and believe me, our neighborhood is looking pretty great these days but this dang pollen is insane. I must push it out of my head each year. Anyway, we need the leaves to finish and a good rain to soak this place and we'll be good to go.
About a week ago I put Eloise into the "big bath" vs. her rubber ducky bath to see if she was ready. Conclusion - Mommy is not ready for Eloise to start taking "big girl baths." I almost had a heart attack. And meanwhile, she was having a blast. Slipping and sliding all over the place, diving head first for toys. Ah, yeah. My heart can't deal with that quite yet so we're going to keep using the pink duck tub that she's quickly growing too big for. Maybe in a few weeks we'll give the bathtub a whirl again.
The Monkey can offically climb the stairs. Outside that is. For some reason she has not tried the inside stairs at all but the brick ones on the front porch she loves and has gotten quite good at climbing up in a flash. Pics below on climbing.
But first - and as promised, check out this hilariously cute tutu pics! My friend Kimmy has done it again with her fabulous crafty skills and came up with this darling number. I mean can you even get enough of this??
(as soon as the box of goodies arrived, I busted out the tutu and put right on over her clothes. and then of course, took 7,000 pics. who wouldn't??)
And the Monkey climbing the front stairs...


1 comments:
I love the tutu!!! She is so cute!
Post a Comment