Aunt Liz, Uncle George and Cousin Maddie were here Saturday through today and we had a great time. As I mentioned before, they're on their Spring Break and heading further south. Lucky for us, we're in route!
I was curious if Eloise would consider Maddie a kid (Maddie's almost 11) or if she'd see her as an "adult". Of course she's not an adult but to a 10 month old, I didn't know if she'd do her typical staring contest as she does with most kiddos or if she'd want Maddie to pick her up and snuggle her. Eloise went with choice A. She stared at her the entire time and was completely mesmerized with her big Cousin Maddie. It was so cute. And Maddie came with tons of gifts for the Monkey! It was like Christmas all over again. Thanks Liz, George and Maddie!! It was great seeing you and you brought too much!
Mesmerized. See what I mean?!



She loved her new books....see Maddie reading to her. And also, she received a new stroller/walker and let me tell you, it was a
big hit. Very scary to us to actually see her "walking" but she had a blast pushing around Elmo is her new stroller (we put Elmo in after these pics were taken.). I'm pleased to report that she still has a way to go until she's officially walking (check out those shaky legs -hilarious!) but seeing her walk at all is a little crazy for us rookie parents to watch. She's on her way! Here are some pics and you can watch her in these 2 videos -
part 1 and
part 2. (Mike's a pinch Blair Witch in these videos - sorry in advance if you get vertigo watching them:)


As far as our great day ahead, we are meeting up with Jen and Chris Hunt tomorrow am for our "9 month" photo shoot - at 10 1/2 months but we'll keep that detail to ourselves:). And get this, we need to do the photo shoot at 7am. Yikes. Why 7am?? Because sadly Mike has to leave town again tomorrow afternoon so we can't do the typical 6pm photo shoot that the Hunts always schedule. But that's OK. We're going to work with it. The only interesting challenge upon us.....it'll be a brisk 42 degrees at 7am. I've had to do some major reworking of the costumes I'm going to put her in. Oh and Eloise usually gets up at 7:30am so I'll also need to do some tweaking of our typical morning routine in order to pull this off. I've mastered photo shoots with a baby in the past. I will succeed again! Lol! Pics to come as they are posted on her blog.
Post photo shoot, the Monkey and I are heading to
Ray's Splash Planet tomorrow with the Chantilly Mom's Group. Another great idea that I had no idea was for kids as young as the Monkey. I will have to report back on how this went. Stay tuned.
Have a great week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment