As the FB note just reminded me ....."It's Sunday and no Friday's update?" I know! I'm so behind. Ok, here we go.
The letter "E" obsession continues. Now to the point where Eloise is pointing it out on signs and trucks she sees as we're driving including the giant FedEx truck that went by yesterday and she screamed "E" from the back seat. I'm trying to take this energy and move her on to another letter. She's definitely into learning new things so let's see how far this can go. Now we've moved on to "O". I thought that was another easy one for her to say so we're working on it.
The Monkey also is now a tad bit sick. Yes, this is courtesy of our hosted playdate last week. What a complete bummer. She seems fine but has a leaky nose and is sneezing like a maniac. I asked another mom in attendance if her son Cameron is also now sneezy and has a leaky faucet nose and the answer was yes. Dirty little varmints spread germs like no ones business. And I've already signed up for a September playdate. Grrr..... What can you do?
As of today, I've officially stopped tracking Eloise's daily eating and sleeping patterns. Crazy, I know. And not crazy that I'm stopping but crazy that I was still bothering to do this! I asked the Baby Whisperer what she thought and she likes it so maybe for just the 2 days a week she's here we'll keep track of the Monkey so we can have good baton passes between caregivers but other than this, we're officially done. This baby will no longer be tracked in a notebook on the kitchen counter on a daily basis. That is as far as food and sleep goes on my little "you're losing your mind and can't remember anything" tablet. Once I got her on the 9am/1pm nap schedule, everything really fell into place and now I pretty much remember what she's eaten and at what time and when she's slept.
And yes, it took me 14 months to get this in place. Ah, the aftermath of a baby who doesn't nap. She's a better napper but still not good - I'm convinced she'll never be a good napper - but she's good enough where I can stick to a good schedule. Along with the 9am/1pm napping shedule she also easily fell into a eating schedule. 7am breakfast; 10:30 snack; 12pm lunch; 2:30pm snack; 5pm dinner. Easy peasy!
This weekend the Monkey and I did not run in a race even though there was one that took place literally on one of our running routes. We could have jogged over and participated but we need to take a break. We raced last weekend and are racing next weekend so I thought it would be a little insane to run this weekend as well. Anyway, of course I was curious how the runners did and so I looked up the results online and died when I saw that only 187 runners showed up (love the small races) and get this....the winner ran the 5K in 25:10. Really???? Wow. Either way, we didn't do it and needed a break but the Monkey and I could have seriously rocked that race!
Ok, my last updates are complaints but I'll list them nonetheless....the Monkey is back in her "I'm not eating" phase. I guess because she's a pinch under the weather. Also, the replacement Tretorns are not here yet. Come on! And sadly, I don't have weekend pics of the Monkey because I was truly a slacker. Like posting a "Friday's update" on a Sunday. Alas, I'll post these cute ones from exactly one year ago during Caren and John's wedding weekend in Minnesota. Happy anniversary Caren and John!


0 comments:
Post a Comment