As of the past month or so, the Monkey and I have a new morning routine. She gets up, I get up, we eat breakfast and then we put on our "play shoes" and head outside. The routine stuck pretty quickly because as soon as I say "play shoes" Eloise runs to the shoe bin in the back room and drags hers out. If I'm not right there behind her, she finds me with dirty play shoes in tow.
When we're outside we water the flowers (my main reason for being outside and she loves playing in the driveway so it's good for both of us.), play with rocks and cars, and keep a lookout for airplanes. As you know, Miss Eloise is the youngest air traffic controller alive. She's really good at discovering each day's flight pattern and finding as many planes as possible. Or you can read that as really meaning, she hears planes that are completely out of sight, stops whatever it is that she's doing, runs for me screaming while pointing up the sky. Luckily for us (the Monkey), our house seems to be on a pretty regular morning flight pattern so we end up seeing dozens. I will say, I'm now into it. I never paid any attention to the amount of planes that fly by our house and now I'm all over it. Thank you Monkey. I don't believe I've yet documented our morning routine so with today's post comes pics. PJs, play shoes, bed head, trucks, rocks and airplanes.We're ready to go. Oh yeah, and this is all accomplished by 8am.
And this one is my favorite because she sees me do this all the time. I always point to my ear and say, do you hear the airplane (or train or truck, etc.). Here she is doing it too.
And this was too cute not to mention.....if anything, our daughter has proven to be very creative and quite determined. As an example, today she took every single one of her trucks and placed them delicately on the table top. Then she took each animal/person figure and placed them into their vehicles. It was a sheer masterpiece. I just sat and watched and figured after 1/4, 1/2 even 3/4 of the way through she'd get bored or distracted and move on. She didn't. Instead she placed each car, one by one by one and each figure one by one by one until she was completely done. Mucho impressed, Monkey.
Some of the little guys got a pinch mixed up but not a word to the Monkey.


0 comments:
Post a Comment