What's going on with us? I honestly feel like I can't think anymore. I lose my brain daily. It's not good. But then the baby takes a nap or goes to sleep for the night and poof, my brain reappears. It's like magic.
This week was kind of crazy. And it's not over yet. Tomorrow morning at 7:28am, the Monkey and I are running in our next race - the Blue Points 5K. This is another biggie. I can always tell based on the number given to me when I sign up. This time, I'm 1087. Eeek. But the good news is, they are allowing the baby joggers to go 2 minutes early, hence the 7:28am start time. Phew. I'm so glad that once again we will be able to go before the giant crowd. Of course all of those fast runners will go flying by us by at least the 1/2 mile point (if not sooner) but that's OK by me. As long as I'm out in front of the crowd and they have to go around me vs. me around them, all is right in the world.
The course is a little brutal but I've just come to the conclusion that Charlotte is hilly. There are hills in every race so it is what it is. My goal is to be in the 22's. I'm not really sure where in the 22's but just in the 22's. The last 5k we did was in Pineville and I think we were 23:07 or something close to that. So I'm shooting for just a few seconds faster.
In other news, Mike's in the mountains of Tennessee this weekend for his annual fantasy football draft. He and his Slippery Rock University buddies will be spending the next few nights sorting through pertinent and important decisions like who is first in the draft and who left the toilet seat up. Gross. Honestly though, he has a great group of college buddies that are all really close this many years later. Fantasy football is only one reason they get together and I think it's awesome. I'm rooting for you, honey. I hope you're number 1 - (and that you get the master bedroom suite with your own bath:).
The bug obsession continues for the Monkey and despite a Mommy snafu this week, she's still full on with anything that is little with beady eyes, and that crawls, flies or scurries. The snafu - we were at Grandma's house yesterday and there was a dead cicada on the ground. I gave it a little tap with my foot to verify this was indeed the case. Yup. Dead. So I let the Monkey down so she could investigate. What better than to check out a big cicada on the ground. She was psyched. So picture it - we're both kneeling down. She's on one side of the bug. I'm on the other. She reaches out her little pointer finger and gives it a tap and the thing starts shrieking! Like blasting our ears, shrieking! Ah! So I scream and jump and then she screams and jumps and then to top it off, she looses her balance and tumbles over and scrapes her arm. My poor Monkey. I felt so bad. I try not to put any of my whacky fears on her (and really I'm ok with bugs - it just startled me.) and here I am screaming and flying all over the place because a bug I thought was dead was clearly not. Anyway, she's fine and she's still into bugs. Good thing little kids don't have their memories in tact quite yet. We immediately moved on to another activity:)
One last update for this week....the Monkey is understanding and communicating more and more each day. It's amazing to watch her take it all in and respond to things appropriately. That probably sounds corny. I don't really know when kids do certain things so I'm definitely along for the ride. And the ride with Eloise has been so fantastic. It really seems like each day she does something else that's so super cute, or smart, or clever. I love sitting back and watching it all. This week she meticulously stacked her cars/trucks etc. as I described yesterday. She points to her ear when I say "do you hear the train". She looks at a picture of me and Mike and repeatedly says "mamamamamama" and "dadadadadadada". She actually listens when I ask her not to touch the fire place screen or the top desk drawer. She clearly signs "more, more, more" when she wants me to sing more or give her more to eat. She goes and gets her white sandals when I ask her to so we can get ready to leave. She gives me her hair tie when she yanks it out after I ask. And the list goes on and on. It won't be long before she not only understands me but then goes out of her way to defy me so while it lasts, I'm digging this smart, obedient Monkey phase:)
For pics, I snapped a few from yesterday with the Monkey in her new sandals. I finally got the sandals that's she's needed with buckles vs. velcro. I'm totally obsessed with how cute these are on her. So of course, I had to snap some pics. She's also none the wiser to the hair clip in and I also want to point out the darling dress she's sporting from Aunt Corinna. Also I tried my best to get a hiney shot because underneath that dress, she was wearing the cutest little dragonfly bloomers I've ever seen. (thanks Julie, Jack and Sullivan!) In total, she was one adorable summer Monkey.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment