"Down" - that's the word of the day around here. The Monkey officially says "down." And she says it a lot. In the right context. Although impressive that she's adding to her vocab, "down" isn't particularly helpful when you are at the running store signing up for tomorrow's race or crammed tightly into an antique store with breakables everywhere. Others around us were mucho impressed. I, on the other hand, was trying to complete my tasks while holding a non-stop-wiggle-worm who's reciting "down, down, down." Agh!
As I mentioned, tomorrow is our next race. I'm really excited! It's another 5K - the Yiasou Greek Festival 5K and it's known to be the flattest and the fastest in the CLT area. I'm really hoping to get in the 21s. That's my goal and we best be hitting it. The web site says the baby joggers start at 7:25am and the rest of the field starts at 7:30am. That's never happened in all the times they've let the baby joggers go first. Not a 5 minute lead time. Rather, they give us 1 minute to get a quick shake in our tails before the heavy hitters start pegging us off one by one (at like the 200 meter mark:). I'm not complaining in the least. I LOVE when the baby joggers get to start first. It makes my life much, much easier although I do contemplate whether or not I run a faster pace for the first mile when I'm with the pack. But whatever it's a trade off. I'd rather start out basically alone (typically no more than 5-6 other jog strollers) and figure out my right pace than start in a crowd of over 1,000 with the stroller. Too stressful. And speaking of over 1,000 runners....my number tomorrow is 1010. My favorite number is 10. And now I get 2 of them. I think it's a good sign!! Wish us luck. I'll keep you posted!
Mike is out of town this weekend. He went home to NY to go to our high school buddy's wedding. The Monkey and I had to stay behind but I expect pictures and a full report of what has quickly turned into a high school reunion. Congrats to Mark and Tiffany! And Mike, be careful up there with all of your SWCS buddies. You're not 18 anymore:)
The Monkey "no eating" kick continued throughout this entire week and to say it's frustrating is a complete understatement. I've basically turned into a short order cook, which frustrates me. I waste food unlike I've ever done in my life, which frustrates me. And the Monkey locks her mouth closed and turns her head to basically everything but whole milk and crackers. I can get an occasional cookie in her and from time to time a few bites of a grilled cheese. This is getting really, really old but as the Dr. said, I'm not to be concerned (just annoyed). If she won't eat, she won't eat. She's acting completely herself (aside from today where we debuted a guest baby that I've never met before. and hope to never meet again. lord have mercy!), has no fever, is not sick and is just flat out not eating. A 14 month old anorexic. Awesome. And I thought I was in for it when I entered the world of parenting. Now I'm delving into the world of psychological eating disorders. Agh! Her 15 month appointment is right around the corner and this will be tops on the list.
Speaking of frustration....let's talk about Monkey Frustration - I've been meaning to jot this down. I'm guessing this is typical for this age but the Monkey shows some serious frustration throughout the day. It's always because she can't do something that she wants to do. She wants to push the stroller over the rug but the wheels are stuck. She wants to stack the cups by whatever size she sees fit vs. smallest to largest. She wants to move the tab in the book to get the tail to wag but it's stuck. The list goes on and on. I guess my point of jotting this down is because some day I hope to look back and realize this was just a short-lived, age appropriate phase because when she turns it on, she turns it on quickly and loudly. She honestly is like a mini-Monica Seles. Wheels stuck.....4, 3, 2, 1......"Ah Ah Ah Ah Ahhhhhggggggg." Book stuck.....4, 3, 2, 1........."Ah Ah Ah Ah Ahhhhggggggg." Cups won't stack......4, 3, 2, 1......."Ah Ah Ah Ah Ahhhhhggggggggg." All day. Every day. But I'm holding out hope that she'll give each of these said tasks a little more time and quite possibly try a different approach/route/whatever before transforming into Monica so quickly. A girl can dare to dream.
Ok, for pictures today, I share the Monkey Wagon Ride. I never would have thought of this (I love the completely different perspective Mike has when playing with Eloise.) but Mike saw the wagon, immediately cleared out the toys and put the Monkey inside for a ride. She, of course loved it. How cute is this??


0 comments:
Post a Comment