Quick update so we can get to the good stuff - yesterday's dog show! The Monkey is back to eating. She actually returned to her normal appetite the very day I talked to the Dr. Go figure. Anyway, I'm glad to have her back and glad to be stressfree on whether or not her belly is full. (although I will say, I'm not glad the Dr. said to expect this to happen many many more times before she turns 18 months. wonderful.
The Monkey and I are running in our next race tomorrow. The NC Music Factory 5K Rock N' Walk. 8am start time and I believe it's going to be pretty steamy when the gun goes off. Like maybe 80 degrees. I'm not at all familiar with the course so we're basically going to wing it. Wish us luck!
I officially have the Monkey on a daytime napping schedule. At 14 months. Yes, you can go ahead and laugh. It literally took me this long or at least, it took her this long to be able to become an ok napper. She's still not great, I doubt she ever will be, but at least now I can say, we have a schedule. At exactly 8:40am and 12:40pm each day we go upstairs, read books and she goes down for her 9am and 1pm naps, respectively. Done. That's it. That's the dream schedule everyone puts into place on day 1. Well I'm on day number 428. Whatever. Details.
And now......the dog show! Yesterday was really fun. As to be expected, the Monkey loved the dogs at the show (and she behaved herself rather than stirring up a bunch of barking). Aunt Jan's dog Figaro was a shiny star (we didn't get to see him compete but saw his beautiful ribbon when we arrived and then heard the great news on his Title later that day). The show was very easy to find and although out in the middle of nowhere, it was only took us 37 minutes door to door. I can't say it was 37 minutes on the way home because some how I got us turned around on a road that was supposedly going south. Yes, I ended up getting us north after we'd already been going south. Lol. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, the ride home was an additional 20 minutes. No biggie.
In addition to seeing all of the dogs, which was a real treat in an of itself, Aunt Jan brought with her more presents than the Monkey could imagine. It was like Christmas in August! Eloise is now the proud owner of her very own Tonka gargabe truck and a new fleet of Chuck Tonka trucks. Heaven! To a girl who loves nothing more than trucks, she was in complete heaven. Dogs everywhere, now trucks everywhere. She didn't know what to do with herself! Jan also splurged on a super cute Hello Kitty purse (every girl needs a purse to put her trucks in), a new cute dress and some great water table toys. Jan - it was great to see you. You did too much. Thank you so much!! And congrats Fig!! You were the best looking dog there and the smartest with the most "agility":)!
Pics...


0 comments:
Post a Comment