Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Tretorns and the Monkey's 14 month birthday

The......Tretorns!  Ahhhhhhhhhh..........ahhhhhh! (the sky just parted.) But......(screeeeechhhhh).......The good news first....the Tretorns arrived and they are so super cute. The nostalgia took over ASAP. I immediately tore open the box, slapped them right on the Monkey, PJs and all, and of course, she rocked them like I knew the Monkey would.  I then took a video to truly capture the sheer excitement these hot little numbers bring to my life. They are the best. Bottom line.

Now the bad news. Upon further inspection I realized the pair that was sent to me are defective. Are you freaking serious???  I love you baby Tretorns. How can you let me down like this??  So I put the Monkey to bed, boxed them back up and immediately put them outside my door for the mailman to pick them up. I had to get them out of sight. I just couldn't even see the box for one minute longer. Could I possibly be more disappointed? I mean come on. Break a girl's heart, Tretorn!  Anyway, I sent them back and have ordered another pair. Maybe we'll have those by next week. I'm so super sad the Monkey will now not be sporting her new Tretorns during tomorrow's dog show that we are bringing her too. (yes, I will blog later this week about that fun outing!)

Despite the defect snafu, here are some super cute pics of the Monkey rocking her Tretorns.


 And.....today is the 11th so you know what that means...it's a birthday!  The Monkey is 14 months old today and I have no stats for you. Obviously this is not a dr. appt. month but I will say, even with her anorexia bender over the last 6 days, she's getting heavy.  Maybe 22 or 23 lbs? Her next appt is at 15 months so soon we'll know. Also, I make fun of the no-food week but honestly, I was getting a little freaked at the tail end.  That said, I'm pleased to report as of yesterday, she's back to my being my great little eater. Thank god. And I talked to the dr. just to confirm this was a phase and yes indeed it was and I'm not to be surprised if she does this dozens more times between now and 18 months. Great. From 12-18 months there's no telling what the little girl will feel like doing but we can't force them to eat so just go with it.  Oh, and also, her 56-60oz of milk a day was obviously excessive. She's to have no more than 30.  That plan was put into effect today, which wasn't really that hard because she's great at drinking water as well (thankfully). So she's allowed to have 4 of her sippy cups of milk a day (basically 32oz) and the rest is water. She basically has both at her disposal all day and what's pretty cute is she now takes them and sets them on the end table when she's done with them, or when she wants to retrieve them later, they are on the end table waiting for her. So clever, Monk!

Ok, there was a tangent for you, huh?  Back on track.  At 14 months, the Monkey is ALL over the place. We had our 1 year photo shoot with Jen and Chris Hunt on Monday of this week (rescheduled from 6/11) and they probably got 8,000 pictures of the back of her head. I'm sure they are the best pictures of the back of her head ever but nontheless, the back of her head.  You get my point. She's nonstop. She won't sit for even a second, especially not when someone asks nicely to take a pretty photo. Nope.

The truck, car, plane, train, dirt, mulch, sticks and rocks obsession continues. Late last month she added bugs.  As I've said before, I have no idea if this is a tomboy in the making or if all kids at this age are into this kind of stuff but both Mike and I agree.....it's freaking cute.  What is better than a girl with flower pants on and a "Every Day is a Tonka Day" shirt? I mean what??

I'm sure there are a million other things I should be mentioning at this age but I can't think. Ok, here's one...she's running. Yes, she's running. I know all kids run at this age but I wasn't ready for that. Running. Come on! I can't keep up with her already but now she runs. Kicking a girl while she's down, I say.

To celebrate today's big day, Gramma Judy brought over so many cute things. First off, the Monkey had her very own cake and "1" and "4" candles for 14 months. Cute!  Also, she brought her her very own container of bugs (I loooooove this idea!), which the Monkey was suspect of at first but she'll love them like she loves all her bugs. I just know it! And, also a really great caterpillar book....bugs bugs bugs! The Monkey can't get enough.  And for the Mommy of the birthday girl??? A bouquet of flowers. So sweet! Thank you Gramma!

Pics from today's celebration....let's start with the orange chair....(showcasing her monkey lovey obsession. the idea of just leaving that in the bedroom is over. she's way clingy right now to both me and that monkey.  add that to the 14 month list:)

Photobucket

0 comments: