I'm entitling today's get together at our house with neighborhood moms and babies, "The Playdate." I feel like it's going to be a monumental occasion as it's not often you have 12 babies (9 of which around Eloise's age so just envision sheer mayhem. running. screaming. crying. oh yes.) and 12 moms in one house at one time. Or at least at this house.
It was our time to host. We've been to several of these said get togethers and had yet offered up our home. Today's the day. I'm trying not to be anal. I love kids. We have the room. (thanks to our lack of furniture in particular.) And Eloise has plenty of toys to share with friends. But you know how I am. I'm constantly picking at the floor finding dirt and fuzz all while playing with Eloise. (I call it multi-tasking.) I'm constantly following the Monkey around with a dish rag in hand to sop of drops of milk or water flying out of her sippy cup. And I swear I have vision that zeros in only on spots on our counters (you can only see those buggers in just the right light. i see one. i gasp. i run to the sink to retrieve a wet dish rag. i scrub. repeat.)
And despite all of this, I really don't think I'm that crazy. It's like I'm a "clean as I go" type. Ok, maybe I'm just a little bit of a clean freak. And maybe I like things in our home to be a certain way. But today will be a true test in just letting it all go. Opening up our house to the little ones and letting them run around and have a good time.
Ahhhh.....deep breath. I will let go. I will let them have a super fun time. In fact, I expect to be down on the floor helping them do it. And in the back of my mind I'll remember what one mom said during a recent playdate, "It's not a good playdate unless you have to vacuum after everyone leaves." Yes, the vacuum is in the coat closet ready to go post playdate. It's sitting along side of my Swifter Wet Jet:)


0 comments:
Post a Comment