Saturday, August 7, 2010

The no-eating phase

Eloise's eating has been dwindling by the day and as of today, she's literally sustaining life on whole milk alone. It's very frustrating. I'm not at the point of worrying but feel like I'm quickly approaching it. She seems completely fine. She's not acting sick. She's not fussy and she just flat out refuses food. I guess she's not hungry. But to go from where she was to this, it's bizarre. She was such an awesome eater so for her to now refuse every option I offer her, I'm getting a little fed up. After many grocery store trips and many more creative food options I feel like I'm starting to run out of ideas. And I know it's not that she doesn't like what I'm offering her. She does.  She just won't eat.  I have to believe this is a phase. The Dr. told me at her 1 year appt to not be surprised if she stops eating so much.  But to flat out refuse food all together? I don't know.  She's at least led me up to this point vs. just stopping one day.  She eased into the non-eating phase vs. just dropping it on me like a bomb. All this week she's been eating less and less each day.  I've offered her too many things to even count and nothing flies.  Nothing but a sippy cup of milk, that is.  So as of this very moment, the Monkey is existing on milk.  That's it. Just milk. I couldn't even get a chocolate cookie in her. Sigh.


Dear No-Eating Phase,
 
I'm done with you so can you leave our house after her next nap? She'll be up around 2:30pm.
 
Thanks.
Photobucket

0 comments: