Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ahhh, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

We're getting back to normal here. The Monkey went to sleep last night at 6:30pm and got up today at 6:45am. Yesssssssss! Naps yesterday were plenty and long. Ok, they weren't necessarily long in the "long nap for most babies" category, but she did take 6 good naps and they were long for Eloise (50+ minutes each). I guess she was trying to catch up from the weekend. So I feel like we're getting back on track here. Faster than I expected, really. The Monkey is a girl after my own heart - she likes to sleep! Or at least she likes to sleep at night and I'm VERY glad about this.

My thought is teething had something to do with our sleepless weekend but for some reason, having guests really threw Eloise for a loop. She must have been too excited to see her grandparents and instead of sleeping, she wanted to have a "stay-up-all-night" slumber party. Maybe she was hoping she and Papa Dick could eat snacks while watching the Bee Movie at 3am. (which, BTW - is a cute movie.) Or that Grandma Sara would take her shopping again. At 4am, that is.

Also, one revelation on Monkey sleep - she's now sleeping on her tummy, voluntarily. She's woken me up a couple of times (some this weekend, some prior to this weekend) because she's ended up on her tummy, and woken up because she couldn't get back over. So I'd go in there and help her out. Last night, I woke up at 3am (sadly, out of habit I guess) and checked out the video monitor. Well, I found the Monkey happily asleep on her tummy. It was really cute. And I'm fine with her on her tummy sleeping, as long as she's OK with it. Knowing that she'd wake up in a couple of hours and likely not be able to get herself back over, I went in there and used a mommy ninja move and carefully rolled her back over. She was sound asleep and none the wiser. Then the next time we saw each other, it was hours later. Ahhh, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! We love sleep!

Pics from yesterday in one of her new costumes from the Vails. A fleece, brown jumper? Seriously? Cut it out. So super cute and fleece for babies is the best fabric ever. So easy to clean in case of a spit-up attack and also very easy to wash and dry. Love me some fleece baby clothes.




1 comments:

Corinna said...

Yay!!! My gosh that's a long slumber. How nice for you, finally, girlfriend. Can I hire you to take care of the overnight shift if I have kids?? Yesssssssssssss