"It's Friday night and the weekend's here, I need to unwind, where's the party, Mr. D.J., D.J...." (listen to - Hey Mr. DJ, Zhane) I should start adding a song to each Friday's post. I'll try to add this to each week's line up.
Friday is here and we're psyched! Corinna and John come tonight for the weekend - super fun. And if last weekend was any indication of how Miss Eloise is with slumber parties, she'll be right up with us enjoying adult beverages, gossip and delicious snacks. Ok, we'll keep her on milk, and untainted-before-Mommy-starts-drinking milk, at that. And really, who am I fooling? I had one glass of wine last week and immediately had to go to bed. I simply can't drink anymore. Just as well.
Last night was another great sleep night. To bed at 6:30pm and up at 6:am with no interruptions. She seems to be toggling between getting up to let me know she's on her tummy and then not. It's apparent that she enjoys the belly slumber so have at it. As long as she's snoozing away and happy, I'm happy.
Running this week was great. Eloise has proven to be a fantastic jogging partner. (as opposed to any dog I've ever had or even Mike - no one has ever been interested:) She literally just zones out in there and watches the world go by. Perfect set-up. I did notice that if I leave her be, and not peek my head around to check-in on her, she's actually better than if I do. Example - I peeked in on her around mile number 4 during a run this week and caught her in a zone. She saw me, snapped out of her gaze and started fussing. It was like all of a sudden she realized, wait a minute....I don't want to be in here! So, instead, I peer in on her through the clear plastic on the stroller canopy and make sure she's OK rather than stopping and say hi from the front. Works much better and we are both happy.
Speaking of running - and TMI really, but for the sake of documenting all-things-Eloise on this blog, I've increased my mileage and therefore, I've screwed up my milk supply. Sigh. And because of it, a few days this week we had to supplement formula 1/2 and 1/2 with breast milk. Major sigh. So I'm going to GNC and buying supplements that help increase your milk supply in addition to eating more, pumping more and drinking lots of water. As of yesterday, pumping more was helping so I'll keep at it. And if I have to keep supplementing with formula, oh well I guess. But I'd like to get myself back to where I was and feed her breast milk only for at least a few more months.
A fun new update to report on the blog. I added the "Labels" feature to TheVails.BlogSpot.com. "Labels" has always been a feature for blogspot users but I just didn't use it. I should have when I first started this blog but instead, I added it a little later in the game. What Labels do is categorize any blog posts I want into separate buckets. Then, if you or I ever want to go and look at all of the posts that include "videos", for example, we can simply click on "videos" in the "Labels" section and all of the posts with videos will come up. Or if I ever want to see how far we've come with Eloise and sleeping, I click on "sleep". Same for "milestones", etc. Pretty cool! I have Labels for sleep, running, milestones, videos, pregnancy pics, and more. I tried to keep the Labels simple and not use too many. So check them out when you have some time to take a trip down memory lane. When I've used a Label in a blog post, you'll see it listed at the end of the post.
Ok, to wrap things up here, today I'm posting some videos of Eloise from this week.
The first one is of Eloise in her jumperoo. She's now interacting with the toys that are attached to this crazy contraption vs. just ooh-ing and ah-ing at the lights and sounds. She's getting pretty good at turning the clear bubble with bears in it. Click here.
The second video is from this morning (excuse the ridiculous PJs she has on - poop explosion earlier today and these were the pair I could get too the fastest). Here she's doing a little bit of scooching and a little bit of talking. Having no experience in the the kid department, I don't know if she's going to be an early crawler, but this video will at least show you that she's eager to get things going. She gets those legs scooching and tries her best to move forward a little, grunting and talking her way through the entire thing. Too funny. Click here.
Have a great weekend and happy birthday, Andrea!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment