Monday, November 23, 2009

The weekend

We had a really fun time this weekend with Corinna and John. And the Monkey could not have been more enamored with her favorite Raleigh aunt and uncle. She even told me so during some of my late night visits into her room. She was too excited to sleep and instead, wanted to tell me how much she loved her C&J. During one visit, she whispered into my ear that she thought Corinna was pretty. I said, "you're right, sweetie. Miss Corinna is very pretty." And then she told me how much she loved John's voice. That every time he spoke, she couldn't help but look up at him and smile. Sometimes she even blushed when she stared at him and that made her giggle. She was sad to see them go and hopes that soon she'll be ready for a long car ride so we can go and visit.

Monkey weekend sleep was a little wonky. She was great on Friday night - likely because she didn't know C&J were here yet. Then Saturday night, she was up and down quite a bit. And same for Sunday night, which was weird. I figured she'd conk out by last night but instead, she was still up 5 or 6 times. She's enjoying a particularly long nap right now so I know we're getting back to our normal routine soon here.

This weekend the weather was a litle chilly (58 degrees) but Corinna, the Monkey and I still enjoyed a fun outing to "Green with Envy" - a cute gift shop on Central in Plaza Midwood while the boys were next door at The Common House having a beer. Then all of us went and got snacks and drinks at Jacks, a neighborhood favorite. Daytime drinks used to be a favorite past time but now being a mommy, I can't keep up. I will say I did enjoy 2 beers. (and then promptly wished I could crawl into the crib with the Monkey when we got home:). We sat outside, which was the chilly part, so we could avoid the smoke, but we all bundled up and had a good time.

Today is our story hour outing and later this week is Turkey day.  Thanksgiving at the Vails will include Grammie Judy, Mike, me and the Monkey. I'm going to bring down the Monkey's "Hook On Chair" and see if she can join us for dinner. She's not sitting up yet but if I stuff the sides of the chair enough, it seems like it'll work. Video and or pics to come.

Then.....maybe this weekend but likely not until the next....we are going to get our very first Christmas tree! Yes, Mike and I have been together for 9+ years and have never gotten a Christmas tree. I'll let Mike explain why:)  But now that we have the Monkey, we are of course getting a tree each and every year and I can not wait. The Monkey has no idea what she's in for. She's going to love it!

Oh, before I forgot, exactly one week from today, Jen and Chris Hunt come for our 6 month photo shoot. It's a little early but we did this on purpose so we can get our Christmas card going for this year. We are excited to see Jen and Chris again. Have I ever said how much I love Jen Hunt Photography??  :)

Happy Monday!

(Here are some pics from the weekend. Since it was chilly, I took advantage of the opportunity and put the Monkey in her muckluks and a warm and cozy jumper. And then, of course, I took 7,000 photos.)








0 comments: