I know I'm constantly blogging about Eloise and her naps, or there lack of. I know, it gets old. Believe me, I know - it gets old. And after all of the ups and downs, and the progress we seem to make, then the steps backwards that we take, we continue to persevere. I continue to try new routines, new combinations, or I wait longer to put her down, or I put her down earlier. I sit by her side to reassure her through the tears. And then I try leaving and returning. I over stimulate, I understimulate. I read 2 stories, I read 5. And at the end of it all, we've accomplished a lot. Eloise sleeps in her crib, fuss free for 2 naps in the morning. I'm excited about how far we've come. Very excited is a better way to describe it.
But afternoon naps.....here is where I've met my match. I don't really understand why she refuses to sleep in the afternoons. I follow the same sleepy time cues. I adhere to the same nap time routine. And the last I knew, she can't tell time. But I don't get frustrated. I don't get stressed or tense, she could pick up on that. Instead, each afternoon I try again, and I hope that will be the breakthrough day. So far, I've not had that breakthrough day. And she desperately needs this nap or I'd say forget it.
Today is the 5th day in a row where I've tried to get her down for that afternoon nap taking an hour and 15 minutes. And today is the 5th day in a row where I've been unsuccessful and I've thrown in the towel. Determined meets more determined. Stubborn meets more stubborn. I've clearly met my match.
And in this corner, ladies and gentlemen, introducing The Monkey. She weighs in at approximately 15lbs and stands (if you assist her) at a towering 25-26 inches.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
I am soooo impressed with all the work you put into to being a fabulous mommy, the best! You do everything to create the best for Eloise, meet her needs, teach her, entertain her and then some! You never leave one rock not turned, your very determined and she is so lucky to have such an incredible mommy!!!!!!
Post a Comment