The Monkey turned 8 months old today and to celebrate we went and visited our friends who had a baby girl, Emersyn Grace, 3 weeks ago. What a precious little nugget. I forget how little they are and Eloise was that teeny tiny only 7 months ago! Crazy. Emersyn is the cutest little girl. She looks just like her daddy and her brother. I'm glad we got a chance to see her and her momma. Congrats to the Bauers!
I'm trying to think of all of the stats that I should be running through but I don't have them. I don't know her weight but she's getting heavy I'll say that. She's moved up to the big girl car seat - thank god - so I don't have to schlepp around with her in the infant car seat any longer. That thing got very heavy! And as we know, she's the sit up and crawling master. She took her very first shopping cart ride today at Target and was very excited. Looks like I should be doing the grocery shopping after all. Don't tell Mike. Oh wait, he reads this blog. Honey - Eloise would like to join you on your next trip to Harris Teeter;)
You know the food scoop so I won't get into that. Although I will mention that at Target today, we loaded up on number 2 food. We're moving on up! Also, she's getting really great at naps, albeit still short, but now fuss free. I need to figure out how to implement a schedule for a baby that sleeps in 34 minute intervals. Not sure how realistic that is but I need to no longer be a slave to Eloise and her crazy naps. It makes for painful outings if she's tired and/or we're stuck here at the house all day, every day. Which don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy being a homebody but seriously, we need a schedule. Stay tuned here.
She's going through clothes like mad. I very much welcome all of these upcoming consignment sales because this Monkey needs some new pants and onesies. I took her to Lap Lovers on Monday and I'm sure we got looks from the other mothers. I was in such a hurry to get her dressed and ready to go post nap that when we got there and I took her coat off, I realized I had her basically dressed in coolots and a 3/4 length sleeve shirt. (yeah, and it was maybe 40 degrees outside.) But really, they were leggings and a long sleeve onesie. Not on her though. Lord. Mom of the Year.
We're going on our first long car ride this weekend to RDU so I'll be sure to update you on this on Monday. Wish us luck. I will say, I think the new, bigger, more comfy car seat will help. And then endless objects and songs of entertainment coming from me should hopefully do the trick. If not, we'll all arrive at Corinna's house bawling our eyes out. Have the cocktails ready, Corinna.
Oh, and before I forget, some items we're working on so hopefully they will stick one of these days - clapping, waving, kissing, and sign language (don't expect this to stick for quite some time). I will fill you in as she does them.
And with that, here's the birthday girl! (actually getting her to sit in the chair is over. instead, i'll show you what she did for the first 30 seconds after I set her down.)


0 comments:
Post a Comment