Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kindermusik

Kindermusik class was a success as I expected. The teacher was also what you'd expect - crazy about kids, way over the top enthusiastic, and of course, had a great voice and was really talented with the instruments she used.

Eloise was enthralled by all of the other babies and showed everyone her typical "no blink - too excited" trick.  I'm glad we went and will continue until May. But I will admit, I feel like I got a little roped into this class. Don't get me wrong, it was definitely worth it and I know Eloise will love it but get this....We were going to Friday's class just to observe and see if we were interested. (per the teacher's recommendation through email.) Then afterwards I'd pay for the 4 months or not. 

Well 1/2 way through the class, each baby gets a jingle toy to shake and rattle during the songs. As you'd expect Eloise's went right into her mouth.  Then a few activities later, each child was given an "Old McDonald" picture book (of all the things!) that we looked through and sang with.  Again, Eloise's went right into her mouth.  Lastly, the teacher handed out a bag full of do-dads and musical goodies for each kid to take home and continue some of the activities we'd learned that day.  So at this point, Eloise has licked or gummed up everything that has been given to her and is rifling through the plastic bag full of goodies seeing what she can get her hands (and mouth) on next.

Like I said, we enjoyed ourselves and I thought the class was well worth it, but by the end of the 45 minutes, they had us hook, line and sinker. I can't help but feel a little had as I'm sure this is how they get everyone. "Come in for a trial class free of charge and see if you like it. We can't wait to see you and Eloise on Friday!"

Well, regardless of their questionable marketing tactics, we're in.  Kindermusik for us each Friday from 11 - 11:45am. The class had 6 kiddos total along with their caretakers or moms (quite a few nannies. interesting.). For some reason there were hardly any girls there. Eloise was one of 2. The other 4 kiddos were boys and one of the boys was special needs with Downs Syndrome. He was Eloise's favorite and I have to admit, he was my favorite too. His name was Ben and he had the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.  They were deep blue and lighter blue almost in rotating streaks from the outer part of his iris down to his pupil. Like color wheel of pretty blues. Such a sweetheart. Eloise was definitely flirting with him.

Oh before I forget, along the same lines as the Puddle Ducks instructor saying Eloise was a "processor" - (which stands as the best description of her to date) the Kindermusik teacher said...."Eloise is so engaging and social with those eyes."  Once again, those eyes of her are a dead giveaway. Everyone's on to you, Eloise! Poker will not be your thing.

Baby is down for her morning nap and so I'm going running. Have a great Saturday!


Photobucket

0 comments: