Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kitty

Have you called DSS yet? Thought it was worth asking.  Alright, as promised, we're on to better topics. Speaking of topics, I swear I need to create an editorial calendar for this blog. Ideas pop into my head at random times of the day or because Eloise will have done something cute, goofy or ridiculous but as soon as it comes in my head, out it it goes. This happens so many times that I swear I just need an edcal of sorts to help organize myself. Just a simple place to put down my ideas. I create edcals for the other blogs I author (for my part time PR gig). Hmmm.....something to consider.

Well tonight's topic is "Kitty".  We're about to give Azriel, aka Sweet Pea, another new name. Sigh. My poor pets. They all start with one name and within a month have another and then soon enough, they have another and somehow, they all end up coming to me when I say any of the above names. Amazing what a treat will get you.  I digress.

Ok, so "Kitty" is the only word Eloise knows as of this point. Or at least I think that's the only word she knows right now. I'm working on several but "Kitty" really sticks because it so perfectly comes with the action and activity of one large furry four-legger who she absolutely loves.  Eloise is obsessed with the "Kitty" and so then of course each time Sweet Pea enters or leaves a room we have to make a big to-do about it. It's been going on for so long that all I need to say is "look at the Kitty" and Eloise's head darts one direction and then the other looking for her friend. She's also getting very good at petting him - with our assistance and constantly repeating the word "gentle" as I want the "Kitty" and Eloise to get along.... i.e., no tail pulling or paw swatting. And up to this point, surprisingly, Sweet Pea has been really good about Eloise. He'll stick around and let her pet him as long as she doesn't let out one of her classic squeals, which I can understand why he'd take off after one of those. Seriously cleans out the ear drums.

It would be even cooler if Jack was still with us. He was awesome with kiddos. They could literally hang off of his neck, tug at his ears and he even let kiddos snuggle up with him and he'd just hang out.  I wonder what Eloise would think of big ole Jack?  That would have been a pretty cute friendship as well.  We'll make sure she gets a "Doggie" some day.  But for now, her heart belogs to one rotund black and white "Kitty", that's for sure.


Photobucket

0 comments: