Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The sherpa

Like I blogged earlier, Eloise and I now take an afternoon stroll around the downstairs. It gives her an opportunity to explore and practice her crawling and I get to follow behind. She makes me laugh so this daily ritual is actually pretty fun.

As of late, she's added a new skill to her bag of tricks that makes our tour even more entertaining. When she crawls, she carries toys in her mouth. Pretty impressive. It's kind of dog like but I need not compare my daughter to a dog, right? I'm guessing this is a part of the natural progression a child makes when they first learn to crawl and then discover that not only can they move from one place to the other, but they can also bring things with them. That's where she is. She grabs her car keys, puts them in her mouth, gives me the "come on Mom, let's go" look, and we're on the go. Then she typically stops mid-way through the tour, takes the keys out of her mouth, shakes them like mad making quite a bit of noise (something the "Kitty" is not too impressed with) and then puts them back into her mouth and off she goes. Of couse I had to document.


A couple of angry "Kitty" shots.


After a spit up explosion and a quick pant change, Eloise discovered the stairs. She was extremely excited about them. If I continue to let her explore, we'll need to get those baby gates sooner rather than later.


Then back to playland and keys again go into the mouth where they remained for an additional 30 minutes. My new title is drool catcher.


Photobucket

1 comments:

Graham said...

I love how SweatPea is really trying to figure out what is going on!