I'm seriously the biggest sucker alive. It pains me. I get had by about every scam going for the simple fact that I cannot say no. I'm incapable of it. It's not in my genes. And seriously, it's getting bad. Meanwhile, I'm married to Mike who will not only say no with great pleasure, but does it without thinking twice and then, delivers it with his classic "get the hell out of here" look on his face. It's a masterpiece really. I envy him.
Well I was had again. What a surprise. AT&T is going door-to-door in our neighborhood. What is wrong with these people? Who sells anything door-to-door?? Honestly, unless you're the US Government looking for Census numbers, don't come to my house. Anyway, AT&T came literally 8 times over the course of 4 hours. Each time I avoided them and didn't answer the door. I know my weakness here so I figured, don't even answer the door. Then the 8th "knock knock knock" came and I snapped. It was 7pm, I just put the baby to bed and I was so totally annoyed that they were still out there and STILL coming to my house (even after 7 previous failed attempts) that I finally answered it.
I won't even get into the details of the next part. All I can say is about 20 minutes later, I had the Vail residence signed up for new TV and computer service. All the while, Mike had pulled in the driveway having just gotten home from the airport. What did he do? He took one look at the AT&T freaks, gave them a "get the hell out of here look" and went inside. And where was I? Stuck outside with said AT&T freaks completing the transaction I knew Mike was going to kill me for. Ugh, it's getting worse by the minute. Not only am I incapable of saying no, now Mike is home to watch the painful transaction go down by peering through the blinds and laughing at me.
Why couldn't I just say, "we're not interested" you might ask? Well, I did. Repeatedly. But you know how these crazy people are. I mean, they're crazy enough to take on a door-to-door sales job so seriously, they must be clinical. Why couldn't I have just said ANYTHING?? I don't know. Honestly, kill me. The good excuses don't come to me until after the fact. I'm not quick enough on my feet in these situations. Grrrrr.......
So they finally leave and of course, I think of all the things I should have done and said to get them to leave me alone but at that point, the damage is done. Mike's already rolled his eyes at me at least a dozen times by this point and given me the "why didn't you just tell them........yada yada yada." Or "why didn't you just tell them....yada cuss word....yada yada....cuss word?"
Now I'm left to unravel the madness before March 2 between 1 and 5pm when the AT&T freaks will descend upon my house once again for installation. To save any amount of face that I may (or likely may not) have left, I called Time Warner after my mom gave me a little tip that they will reduce your rate if you call to complain. Perfect. So I called and said, "AT&T was at my door. They'll give me all the same monthly services for much less." TW ran through all of the many reasons why AT&T sucks and why TW is much better, yada yada. And by the end of it (which was all I was waiting for), they agreed to drop my bill by $25 per month. Perfecto!
So here's the tip for you (and hopefully you got some enjoyment out of knowing I'm the biggest sucker on this earth)....call TW and ask for the "retention department." When you get them, tell them AT&T was just at your door and is offering you a much better deal. They will cut your bill by an average of $25 per month. It's worth the call! Oh, and if you're in CLT - here's the number to call TW: 877-566-4892.
And one more tip - if AT&T comes by your house, be brave enough to tell them to "shove it". Or at least say "thanks, no thanks."
Happy Monday!


3 comments:
LOL. Just so you know, Mike would have gotten the AT&T people at the door to call TW for you!
Omg, you're SO right!
So, what do I tell them ATT said?? I am totally doing it, we could use some extra money. What package did you have with TW?
Post a Comment