Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Crawling and puffs

**This post was actually from Monday (2/8/2010) but was having some technical difficulties so it's posting today.)**

A random selection of updates for you today. First, Eloise is quickly mastering her crawling skills. She's pretty fast on carpet and not too shabby on the hardwoods and tile. We've been letting her explore a little more with this new skill to see where she goes and what she'll do (exploring post to come). It's pretty fun to follow behind her and watch her find new areas of the house and see what she sees down at her level. The house is pretty much baby proofed. Remember, we don't really own much to begin with. Makes for a perfect baby house. The kitchen is a work in progress but we're getting there. For now I keep her in the pack-n-play if we're in the kitchen. She actually likes it in there so I put her in there when I'm making coffee in the morning and getting her first bottle ready. Any other times of the day we spend in the kitchen she's in my arms or in the high chair. Or we've even dragged the jumperoo over there if I'm making dinner or getting something ready. Anyway, back to crawling. Here she is today cruising across the hardwoods. (I think I got a little wave out of her today. We've been practicing this for awhile.)

Also, puffs are big around here. Like capital "B" Big. I think Eloise would eat nothing but puffs if I let her. And the first container that Mike bought (yes, he still does the grocery shopping - and the vast majority of cooking as well. I'm pathetic, I know.) was this weird kale version. Kale? Come on, really ?? (I say to myself.) So basically Eloise's first introduction to puffs was kale puffs and she actually loved them. Crazy.  She cruised right through a container of those and now were on to apple puffs. These I will actually try and they are pretty good. So I tried to capture how happy puffs make Eloise and I did an ok job. These pics don't really capture how so super excited she gets but since the effort was paid, I thought I'd share.

Here's our routine. I have puffs in a small tupperware container that I shake to get her excited. (sorry if this resembles what most of us do with our pets.) Then I bust out the sign language and ask her if she wants "more" puffs. She doesn't sign yet of course but she still gets very excited. Then I pull out two of them and place them into the palm of my hand where she uses her little pinchers (first finger and thumb) and picks them up one at a time and stuffs them into her mouth.  She's takes puff time seriously. Look at her concentrating. Hilarious.



Cute smile face. She's saying - I love puffs!


Eyes are unfortunately closed but this is the first pic where I've seen her 2 teeth show so I wanted to post it.

0 comments: