After many weeks of practicing this one, it's official - the Monkey is a clapper. Here she is today. She showed me this new trick a few times yesterday and continued on into today so I'm convinced she can actually clap vs. just being a fluke. Also, here is a video of her clanking cups together. I do this just for fun and she then imitates me.
And another update, the Monkey and I went to the grocery store today. My domestic status is now back on par with the rest of America. I'm officially the grocery shopper of the household once again. But I will say, it doesn't change the fact that Mike much prefers Harris Teeter over me and also, that when he's in town, he insists on cooking dinner. Yeah for me!
Regarding the actual shopping excursion today - we got the Monkey one of those shopping cart covers and I dangled toys off of it. She was all about the ceiling lights and all of the products on the shelves. If I got her too close she'd reach over and try to yank things down. Almost another rookie mistake but I noticed right away and made sure I didn't park next to anything within reach. All in all though, she loved the outing and didn't fuss once - even in the car ride there and home. Perfect grocery shopping Monkey.


0 comments:
Post a Comment