Who doesn't remember and love this song? Such a good one. Or how about this one? ...."in the time of chimpanzees, there was a monkey." Too funny. You know how sometimes radio stations play all songs for a day with the word "baby" or "love" in them? (there are 10 million of both, by the way) I should find all of the songs that have "monkey" in them. Just kidding.
Miss Eloise is taking her morning nap - naps are sooooo much better these days. Yeah for Mike, me and the baby whisperer! As soon as she gets up we are heading out in this terrible weather to a music class called Kindermusik. It's a 4-month class (meets once per week) for infants and toddlers. We're visiting today to see if it's something she likes before we pay the admission fee. She's still loving music so I'm sure she'll have a good time. And then of course, she'll love seeing all of the other babies per usual. I'm interested in seeing what this is all about. It's today from 11-11:45am. Stay tuned.
This week has been full of all sorts of updates. First off, let's chat about books. I finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. If you have not read this book, buy it or get it from your local library immediately. It's SO good. I had a hard time putting it down. And this is Ms. Stockett's first book. I'm definitely looking forward to her next. Also, the next book for me is either Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay or The Kids Are All Right by Diana and Liz Welch. Whichever one comes in first. My mom is my personal book shopper and thankfully so. (who doesn't need a personal book shopper??) She's EXCELLENT at it (since she's a librarian and all, and has some pull at the local library. yeah for me!:). I'm so glad to be back into the habit of reading for pleasure after my long-winded sabbatical (my last job sucked the life out of me during the day - the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was read more.) But alas, I'm back in action and am loving it. Oh and breastfeeding also helps the reading for pleasure cause - I can read while I pump. I've gone through so many great books since the Monkey was born so thanks to all of my helpers - my mom and Miss Eloise:)
And for Eloise and books, she is really loving Julie's Jungle by David Crossley. (I've mentioned this book before but it continues to be a household fav.) For parents of other little ones, consider getting this one. It's a oversized board book with lots to look at and touch. It's also a great rhyming book. Unfortunately, I can't find a good link online to show you what it looks like but regardless, it's a big hit around here. We're also very much into Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar by Margaret Wang. Another oversized board book with cookies for the kiddos to touch. Great story and illustrations. Eloise literally giggles out loud over both of these books so I know they are good ones.
And last book to review (also from the personal book shopper) - we started baby sign language this week with Eloise by way of The Complete Idiots Guide to Baby Sign Language. Per the name, it's very simple to do and has been a lot of fun. The baby whisperer and I both do it throughout the day so maybe in like 2 or 3 months this will stick - not sure how long it takes to work. Mike will be receiving his instruction this weekend:).
Crawling is starting to become mastered. She's no longer using her stomach to "cheat" and is getting faster each day at moving around. Very scary. For now, she's still processing the whole art of crawling so I can definitely keep up with her. It's really cute to watch her think about where she's going to go and then do it. Processing all the time, that one.
As I said earlier in the week, this is the weekend of baby proofing. Poor Mike. He's been gone since Wednesday and has no idea what he's in for when he gets home tonight. He's clearly on board (after the pepper spray incident) but I don't know if he really understands how much work it'll take to baby proof the kitchen. Agh. I'll help as much as I can. I do know it's going to require lots of drilling and screwing. Our poor kitchen cabinets. For some crazy reason, I'm still hopeful we can find a different system that doens't require us to ruin our cabinet doors. Stay tuned here.
I briefly mentioned this before but I'll say it again - the weather is awful today and supposed to stay this way, if not get worse, on into the weekend. It's cold and down pouring. Agh. It was hovering around freezing earlier today but must not have made it that low because it's just rain. And lots of it. Making for a very interesting day for me and the Monkey. Running is out of the question. I can't find the rain shield for the Bob and even if I had it, I'm not sure I want to go out there in this. So today's another day off. We'll see how tomorrow fares.
Ok, last but certainly not least, we are finally taking Miss Eloise on a driving road trip. I say it now because seriously, I need a week to prepare for this. We're going to RDU next weekend to see Aunt Corinna and Uncle John. They've been to CLT 1 million times and we are so long overdue for a trip to see them. This and I need to get over my fear of taking Eloise for a drive longer than 45 minutes. It's going to be an interesting car ride, for sure. I'm preparing though. Beyond the 7 million things we'll need to pack, I'm also thinking about all that the Monkey and I will do during the drive. (of course we'll strategically map out departure times based on naps.) Reading, playing, eating, etc. I'll have to have a VERY large bag for tricks for that 2 1/2 hour drive. Please send good thoughts out into the universe for us. We will need them!
Happy Friday and have a great weekend! (hopefully you all have better weather than we do!)
Pics from yesterday in a cute outfit that was a part of a fun hand-me-down bag of goodies we received from some friends in Winston-Salem.


0 comments:
Post a Comment