Tuesday, May 11, 2010

11 months old today

How painfully behind am I?? This weekend was Mother's Day and today Eloise is 11 months old. Lots to catch up on. First off - Mother's Day. Sunday am while Eloise was enjoying a 82 minute morning nap (yessssss!) I prepared the most delicious quiche (that was equally easy to make) for my mom and me to enjoy at her house. Think of it as a Mother's Day brunch. The Monkey enjoyed playing with all of the toys Grandma put together in her new toy bin and my mom and I enjoyed a wonderful meal. It was sooooo good. Honestly, I out did myself. And Mike even tried some leftovers - who hates eggs - and he thought it was good as well. Then by the time we got home, Mike was back from Raleigh and we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon together. To top of the day as a special treat for my mom and me, Mike grilled steaks and asparagus for us as our Mother's Day dinner. Yes, the day was filled with one meal after the other. And no, I didn't run. I just sat around and ate and ate and ate. Delicious!  It was a wonderful first Mother's Day!

Today, the Monkey turned 11 months. Amazing. As I say time and time again. I can't believe we are almost at the one year mark. Wow.  She's cruising furniture and window sills like no one's business, she'll stand for 25+ seconds at a time without holding on often throughout the day, she walks pushing her stroller around the house like it's second nature, and the milestones continue coming at us like mad. She's also a speed demon when it comes to crawling. It scares me sometimes. I'm afraid I won't be able to catch her heading someplace she shouldn't. So we're at the point now where I'm right behind her wherever she goes.You have to be. She loves nothing more than to find a new cabinet and start digging. I let her dig through out my cabinet in the master bath so she feels she has free reign on them all. Which if it doesn't have a lock on it, that's pretty much the case. So before you know it, the kitchen can be filled with tupperware, Solo cups and wicker paper plate holders. Or the bathroom can be filled with deorderant containers, shampoo and a hairdryer. She's quick. Very quick.

I finally got schooled on the world of baby gates and why we may potentially have to drill into the bannisters at the top of the stairs. For anyone interested in the specifics, Buy Buy Baby was extremely helpful. Since we both have a drilling phobia (But not greater than the fear of her going down the hardwood stairs. Omg, the thought of that sends chills down my spine.), we're continuing to investigate the "top of the stairs" option. For the bottom of the stairs, after 2 trips, I believe we have what we need. Who knew our stairs weren't a standard 37"?  Lord. Anyway, I got the extended option on the 2nd trip to fit our 42" staircase and that should be installed by Mike, sans drilled holes, tonight. She's actually been very, very good at staying away from the stairs, believe it or not. Outside is a different story. She loves nothing more than to climb the front porch steps. But for some reason, she could careless about the stairs inside. For this long, it's been great but why push our luck? I have neighbors who do not put locks on their cabinets or drawers and have no baby gates. They just taught their daughter not to do any of the above. I like that style of parenting but I fear that one split second of me turning my head and a catastrophe happens (that could have so easily been prevented) so cabinet locks and baby gates it is. Anyway, Buy Buy Baby rocks and I highly recommend them and their very helpful and knowledgeable staff. See you later Babies R Us. There's a new game in town.

Ok, last tid bit about our growing birthday girl so I keep all data together - she has 7 teeth total either coming in or in. I've said this before but again, keeping it all together. I have not cut her hair yet but those bangs are starting to resemble an early 90's skater dude so I may have to give them a trim. We're guessing she's over 20lbs by this point. She's certainly getting there if she's not yet. She's heavy! (And her thighs are getting cuter and cubbier by the minute. I love those things!)  Most of her 6-12 month clothes are reaching the end of their lives.  Once they become clam diggers or cinch at the waist, or a shirt is all of a sudden 3/4 length sleeves when it really wasn't, into the storage bin they go. Oh and as far as talking and words go, she hasn't said her first word yet but as the Baby Whisperer put it so perfectly...."when she does finally start talking, she's not going to just say one word. She's going to start talking in sentences."  Honestly, I believe it. She is non-stop mumbler and yammerer all day long. She'll talk with you, at you, over you or without you anywhere in the vicinity. She's a talker.  Who's surprised? All right. All right. Easy.

So with that, happy 11 month birthday, Monkey! Mommy and Daddy LOVE you!!

Here's my attempt at the orange chair today. This was a 3 second photoshoot. With lots of props.


Also, we received our Jen Hunt disc in the mail today and here are some of the others (not featured on her blog) that I love.

And my personal fav....

Photobucket

0 comments: