My landscaping woes continue. Well they continued until today but I've made a pledge. A pledge to zip it. I called around to get quotes on our hellatious yard and what kind of response did I get? Well, one never called me back and the other actually came out here, checked out the yard and then proceeded to never call me again. Awesome. Time was ticking as far as summer heat was concerned so Mike and I have decided that we'll tackle this project in the fall, when we have a better chance of keeping everything we plant alive.
Therefore, scraping and tilling the yard, putting down sod, planting a new oak tree and getting all of the gardens tilled is going to wait. And believe me, I'm a pretty big sour puss about the entire situation. Being here 90% of my week likely doesn't help the cause but add to the fact that I love being outside, I love gardening and digging in the dirt is one of my all-time favorite past times but what needs to be done is beyond my muscle strength and novice skill set. So instead, I sit on the front porch, head in hand and pout as I look out over our sad, divet filled dying yard. Yes, you can visualize the entire scene. Or better yet, just drive by. You'll see me out there.
After talking me off the ledge, I've pledged to Mike to stop b*tching about it. I have a tendency to obsess over things (cough) and this yard has been my entire focus for far too long. Since I can do nothing about it until September/October, I'll stop. That's a forewarning for any of you visiting - don't bring up the yard. It'll trigger a meltdown, I can assure you. Yeah, I'm still pretty sensitive about it. But like I said, no more obsessing and no more b*tching. I'll have to continue reciting that one to myself over and over and over....
So for what it's worth, I've committed to keeping what we do have planted alive. And nothing brightened my day, and took my obsessing away, more than the Monkey helping me water.


0 comments:
Post a Comment