Sunday, May 2, 2010

Point and you shall receive

Our little Monkey is all grown up.  Ok, that's a bit much but I feel like that every once in awhile. Especially when she does something that truly astounds me, then I take a moment to remember that I'm really watching this amazing little girl change right before my eyes. Daily. I've said many times before, the Monkey milestones are coming at us like a Mack truck and it's not only hard to believe, it's hard to keep track of. The first year is unbelievable. Babies change so much so quickly that you really need to stop each day and jot down a note or two about it. Thank god for this blog. I'd be a mess without this giant note pad.

So today, I pull out my giant note pad to share a little more. On Friday I brought the Monkey downstairs from her nap and soon as we reached the bottom of the stairs I asked, "Do you want to play with your cars, do you want to play with your stroller and Elmo or do you want to play with your music table?"  Her head and eyes moved from one option to the next, to the next. She took an additional moment to contemplate and then she pointed to her cars. "You want to play with your cars? Ok, let's do it."

Seriously???  That is unreal. She understood what I asked and she told me what she wanted. Holy cow! This new way of communicating floors me over and over again. And I'm only about 1-2 weeks into this pointing thing. I say it too much but I'll say it again. Amazing. What an amazing experience!

So today we were playing a little peek a boo. I didn't get the camera until it was too late but I tried my best to capture it. Here she is doing a great peek.  But then you'll see her "boo" isn't as cute because she's distracted by something I put down on the table. Regardless. Very cute that she is now the one hiding.


And then the last picture was just funny.
Photobucket

0 comments: