Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday's update

A few updates for you this week. First off, the Monkey is obsessed (where does she get this obsessive nature from?) with trucks, cars and trains.  She's now finding them in books and pointing them out and making her "choo choo choo" noise. I'll need to correct this some day but to her, trucks, cars and trains are all the same and come with the same "choo choo choo" noise. That's sort of the case - they do all carry things around and make a noise. Especially trucks and trains. They are very similar. And really, that's too complicated to get into at this age. Regardless, she is finding them in stories and pointing them out, which I find insanely cute.

She got on the train kick at a very young age because our neighborhood is adjacent to a pretty active train track. Thankfully for us, we're tucked in a little being 4 streets away so the train isn't on top of us but of course, we still hear it.  Everytime a train would go by (and still goes by) I say, "that's a choo choo train. Do you hear it??" And so she quickly perfected recognizing when it goes by and then developed her own "choo choo" noise to accompany her discovery.  The other day we went to the Matthews library so I could pick up a book I had on hold and their children's room has a nearly life size train in it.  With my help of making it a super big deal, Eloise could not stop making choo choo train noises and was so distracted by it she'd leave the other kids and toys and crawl to the front of the train and rock back and forth belting out "choo choo". That's my girl!

Speaking of the rocking back and forth - this girl has definitley found her groove and it's hilarious. She's now a full blown dancer and will dance when I ask her too. It's often while she's sitting and she rocks back and forth on her knees but just this week she's added dancing to her standing routine. Perfect 10 in my book. I can't wait until she dances with Ellen. I'm working on it since this is the only TV I allow all day long (and often times it's when I need a break.) By 5pm TV goes on and it's time for Mommy and Eloise to have a little Ellen playing in the background.

This weekend will be filled with cleaning, cleaning, grocery and Target shopping, planting and hopefully some relaxing. I'll be honest, I'm tired. And I'm feeling a pinch overwhelmed. I'm the type of person who cleans as she goes and this week, that hasn't happened. Consequently, the house looks like a bomb went off, coupled with the fact that my vacuum cleaner broke and my floors are a disaster area. Agh! Add to this all sheets are in the wash, the bathrooms need to be cleaned and I'd like to get some flowers in pots (I can't complain that pots can't be planted because a landscaper won't call me back.) Again, I typically clean as I go so the fact that I stupidly let things pile up this week, I'm pretty annoyed with myself. And I'm not even unpacked from Raleigh last weekend. Agh! Once Mike gets back from Cinci together we can bang out the to-do list. (I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this blog from the road. And really, that's better. Who wants to knowingly come home to a dirty house? Lol.) If he could do the grocery shopping and Target, maybe even take the Monkey with him, I could whip through this house no problem. Ahhhh....a plan is forming. It's making me feel better already.

Have a great weekend all!

These are pics that I took on Eloise's 11 month birthday. I posted others that day but since these are also cute, I'll post them today.

Always trying to get the cat. Always.

Here are the other 2 pictures I took of her in the orange chair on her birthday. It's like I could hear her say, "What are these ridiculous animals doing next to me? Get me out of here!" Thus the photo shoot lasted 3 seconds. 12 months should be even more interesting:)

Photobucket

0 comments: