Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday's update

Ok, I fell off the wagon a little. I'm still feeling crummy. Sigh. I missed running today which means I'm just not myself yet. Serious bummer. And I was on such a roll this month with running. But then I got sick and it's ruining everything. Hopefully tomorrow the Monkey and I will be back out there. The Quanrantine has still been lifted - we even had a fun visit with Grammie judy today - but my pounding head needs to subside before I can hit the pavement again. Oh and if I'm to trust a mother (my mother) vs. the Monkey's thermometer, which is supposed to be all fancy and the thermometer to have, than I had a fever today. My mom felt my cheeks and forehead and I was hot. The Monkey thankfully was not. So I dashed upstairs and got her fancy thing and used it on myself and it said 98.6. For my sake and the Monkey's sake I hope the thermometer was correct. But mother's always know best. Anyway, I've been relying on that for months so I'd hate for it to be telling me something inaccurate. I need to just get an old school mercury filled bulb thermometer and call it a day. Why does everything these days need to be so high-tech? Anyway, that's my sick tangent. Enough with being sick!

Today was our last music class. I have mixed feelings about it. I actually got a little teary when Eloise was starring at the teacher playing the guitar and danced along to the beat but then again, I get a little teary every time she does something that's really cute.  The class was 15 weeks long. Frankly, that's too long. Eloise loved it each and every time we went but I got tired of the drive - not a good location whatsoever - and even though each class was different, I don't think it was different enough each week to fill 15 of them. Anyway, I'm glad it's over. We need a new activity. Let's try something new or maybe even do another swimming class. I haven't decided. Of course I'm getting pressure to sign right back up again for the music class but I just don't know. For the sake of the kids that she could continue on with, that's cute. She loves the other kiddos in there. And the teacher has shortened the classes. Smart. Now they are only 8 weeks instead of 15.  The next class starts a week from Monday and it'd be at 4:30pm, which is a good time for us. I just don't know. I'm going to think about it. It doesn't help that Mason (born 6/9/2010) really wants Eloise to do the 4:30pm Monday Summer class. The two have been flirting big time for weeks now. And today they met over in the corner and discussed each other's upcoming birthday parties. Come to find out, he's going to be a cowboy on his birthday.  And Eloise said, "no way, I'm going to be a cowgirl!" I'm telling you, it's nearly 1 year old love. Anyway, like I said, I'll think about it.

Ok, so I would be remiss if I didn't catch you up on pics and a video regarding some of things I've blogged about but haven't shown examples.

Here is the video of the Monkey stacking her cups. Quick 43 seconds on this one.

Here is the Monkey standing with my running shoe.


This is just hilarious and something babies must be in to at this age. I see kids doing this at the library and at music class. Cracks me up.

Big girl tub pics....



And her favorite bath time activity - standing up and throwing toys out of the tub.



And last, our new bath time ritual, we wave goodbye to the bath toys. "Bye bye toys. We'll see you tomorrow." And she waves. Hilarious.



Oh wait, I lied. One more. Look at that hair. My word.

Photobucket


0 comments: