A new tradition? Possibly. Since being a mom and a dad, nights out on the town are few and far between. Well actually, they are 100% non-existant. Who are we kidding? So instead, we're starting to create our own fun - the parent kind of fun where we invite other parents over, with their nuggets and call the night something like "chili and red wine night." Maybe next time it'll be "lasagna and prosecco night" or "appetizers and apple martinis night". And I'll tell you, these new "nights" of ours are right up my alley. I'm really a home-body by nature so I'm completely thrilled to stay here, bundled up at home, enjoying a warm fire and some good reality TV. So what better way to enjoy it than with friends and their baby?
Last night Jen and Ryan came over with their blue-eyed beauty Lily for "chili and red wine night". Lily is such a doll and literally growing like a weed. She will be 9 months old on 12/18 and I can't believe it. Another blink and that little one will be going to kindergarten! Lily is almost exactly 3 months older than the Monkey so it's so fun to see what she does, what she plays with, what she eats, how she interacts with Sweet Pea and with each of us. She's all giggles and gives lots of kisses. And news on the street is she now knows how to wave and clap. Such a big girl! She's a cutie and so fun to see as I know this will be the Monkey right around the corner. It's crazy how these babies grow and develop and discover. What fun to watch!
So here's to "parents nights in" (shall I call these PNIs?) and coming up with creative menus so we can enjoy some time together with our babies. Cheers!
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

1 comments:
I love the idea! Let me know when the next PNI night is!
Post a Comment