Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday's updates - blog changes

Happy Friday all - This week has flown by despite the fact that Mike has been in Florida since Monday and I've been sustaining life on Raisin Bran Crunch - Harris Teeter brand - (my all time fav right now). I'm obsessed with cereal and even more obsessed with store brand cereal. I don't know when this fixation started but it's been going on for awhile and yet it was never a cost savings idea (although of course that's nice too esp. for the sheer amount that I eat of it). It was more because the store brand cereal isn't as sweet. Anyway, I'm on a serious tangent right now about cereal so I'll stop but I will give one last plug for Raisin Bran Crunch - store brand or not, it's Delish - capital D.

The Monkey had a great week. Naps have been getting better daily - all thanks to the baby whisperer. I even had her come today for 3 hours (extra hours so I could get ready for a party we are hosting tomorrow) and the Monkey took excellent naps for her again. One was even for 90 minutes. Way to go Monkey! And I'm still holding out for all of the people who have said - "at 6 months everything will change. Eloise will begin to nap better and longer."  Really?? We're approaching her 6 month birthday and I will say, things are trending better so we'll see. But....if she continues to be a cat-napper - I will find you all of you "glass 1/2 full 6-month people" and wring your necks! Just kidding. Love you.

"Peek a boo" is now big around here as is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."  We spend quite a bit of time doing both because they put the Monkey into hysterics. It's very cute. She's also proven to be ticklish after all. We've been testing those tickle reflexes for months but to no avail. Well, it seems she's quite ticklish under her arms. So of course, we can't resist and go in for a full-blown tick-fest each night during Dance Party USA.

Speaking of Dance Party USA, here is "Dont Walk Away" by Jade. Serious memories over this song including the after prom party at Farrells in 1992. We all packed into the laundry room listening to this song over and over again singing and laughing and having too much fun into the wee hours of the night. Hilarious.

Ok, update on the blog. I've been considering this for awhile but I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to make this blog "invite only" and make it password protected. For all of you out there reading up on The Vails, email me (allisonvail@carolina.rr.com) or send me a Facebook message (with your email included) and I'll make sure you get an invitation. I'll be doing this in the next couple of weeks.  And why am I bothering to do this?? I'm starting to get a little freaked about the privacy on the blog. Obviously I put our last name out there - hence the name. And I've never been shy about saying our first names either. I occasionally talk about CLT and other whereabouts and I don't know - I just feel like since I'm not trying to get this blog to take off virally and I really only want it for us (our small group of friends and family) I figure, let's just lock it up. Hey, maybe when it's all locked up I'll start really sharing some good dig. Ok, just kidding.  Anyway, that's the deal on the blog so please email or FB me your email address and you'll be seeing an invitation soon. In the mean time, keep coming back here to get updates on the Monkey.

As for the party, we're hosting the annual Slippery Rock University family holiday gathering tomorrow bringing with it 26 people - 13 of which are kiddos. I'm very excited but I won't lie, I started freaking out a little yesterday/today. With Mike out of town all week (sigh), and the fact that it sort of just dawned on me yesterday that we don't have enough places for people to sit and eat, I basically took today running around renting chairs and tables and buying groceries and cooking. When it was all said and done, it only took me the 3 hours that the baby whisperer was here so that's not bad. Hopefully there will be enough food and drink and hopefully everyone will be ok with my dirty house. Lol! Just kidding. The Monkey and I cleaned too. Imagine that. If something blows up or someone gets food poisoning, I'll be sure to update you on Monday. Ok, no one is getting food poisoning. But something could blow up. Stay tuned...

Happy Friday and Happy Birthday, Todd!

Here is Eloise discovering her stuffed animal dog from Uncle Santo and Aunt Karen.


0 comments: