Huge score on the kids consignment shop today. The place was called Butterflies and Bullfrogs and had some really great stuff. I seriously could not get myself out of there. I spent at least an hour playing with the toys and then left myself a little bit of time to browse around the shoe and clothing sections. This place was not big but literally every square inch was filled with great baby stuff. Gear, furniture, clothes, toys, shoes, books, movies. The list goes on and on. Apparently they just opened in September. I had never heard of them before and they are located near my old job. But now I know why. I was gone by the time they opened. Actually, I was 3 months into this mom gig and needlessly buying everything for Eloise brand new. No longer. Honestly, I'm going to this place before I buy her any more clothes or shoes. They had stuff in there with tags still on them. Such an enormous selection, and some really cute stuff. Mucho impressed.
Ok, so what did I buy? What didn't I buy?? Just kidding. I really behaved. But I'll admit, it's a good thing Mike was with me because I had a hard time deciding what to get the Monkey. He was on the phone when we first arrived so I went in solo and thank god he came in after me. It was starting to get ugly. I definitely needed him to reel me in. And where did he find me? On the floor in the back giving each toy a test drive. So much fun.
So the final tally was $33.45 and I got her 7 toys, 1 book, 2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of jean overalls. (btw - this reminds me - other moms, have you read Callie's Tally by Betsy Howie? it's a cute book. I laughed out loud quite a bit and I read it long before we had the Monkey.) Ok, $33.45 was the total. Are you kidding me? Oh, and get this - toys were 30% off and clothes were 50% off. That was so worth the trip! Not that it took us that long. It was only 30 minutes away. We will definitely be back. What a great store and I love buying baby toys, shoes, books and clothes second hand. Everything is basically brand new and it's sooooo cheap!!
Here are a few pics of some of our goodies. Shhhhh.....don't tell the Monkey. She's getting all of those toys for Christmas:)
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment