If Eloise was old enough, she'd be writing this herself but since her penmanship isn't quite there yet, I'm going to help her out this year. This was the letter we sent off to the North Pole today...
Dear Santa,
This is my first Christmas and so far it's been very interesting. For some reason, my parents brought a tree in the house. I thought trees were for outside? I have a mini Christmas tree that I left outside like you're supposed to. It's on the front porch if you want to see it when you come tonight. So back to the tree on the inside - they put bright sparkle lights on it and big round red and gold balls, some candy canes and other do dads, all items that I've been told repeatedly not to touch. What's up with that? Is this something we'll be doing every year? Let me know.
Also, my parents have been running around with large rolls of paper in their hands and then all of a sudden, boxes end up under the tree. What's up with that? Let me know. Oh, and these boxes, I'm not allowed to touch those either. Bummer.
I've been told you'll be coming down my chimney and into my fireplace so I'll make sure that daddy has the fire out before we go to bed. I'd hate for your first trip to see me to be a dangerous one. Oh, and I've been told you like carrots and cookies. I'll have those out for you when you get here. My Grandma Food makes lots of cookies so if you want more than what I've put out, there are several cookie tins on the counter. Help yourself.
Ok, so here's my wish list. This is something else I was told to do. That I get to make a list and send it to you and you'll come see me with presents. Thanks Santa. That's kind of fun. I think I'm really going to like this annual holiday. Oh, and before I forget, here is a video of me from today. I do the plank pose a couple of times in here. Pretty impressive, huh? I thought you'd like to see it but I'll be sleeping when you come. Thanks again Santa. Travel safely.
Love,
Miss Eloise
My Wish List:
1) Any brightly colored plastic object that I can stuff in my mouth.
2) Anything that plays music. I really like music. Mommy calls it Dance Party USA. I call it fun.
3) Oh, can you do something about this? I'd like for you to put milk in my sippy cup instead of water. I hate water.
4) Last, I'd like you to bring a new name tag for my cat Sweet Pea. He's my best friend. He lost his tag and I'm afraid someone will steal him.
Thanks again Santa. I love you.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment