Sunday, December 27, 2009

Orange day

Were only 2 days past Christmas, after all of the toys that Eloise received from family and Santa and.......she prefers to play in an orange plastic bin. Background - Mike and I went to World Market today to try and find some more green felt bins that I bought a while back. I wanted to get a few more and continue using them as toy bins both upstairs and down. They look ok and they are great for collecting toys and keeping this house somewhat clean when the Monkey is napping or in bed for the night. Well, World Market didn't deliver. They were all gone - and now Mike is doubting that this is where I even bought them to begin with but I'm positive that's where they are from. I do have a minor case of baby brain (ok, maybe it's worse than "minor" but I swear, I got those stinkin' bins from World Market.). I digress. 

So in lieu of the green felt bins, I found a plastic orange bin in the Monkey's bedroom and brought it downstairs. It'll do for now. I set it on the floor and within 1 second, the Monkey did her standard scooch, knocked it over and immediately got into it and started knawing on the sides. Hilarious. It got to the point where she was so transfixed by the orange bin that I brought her toys to her just to see if she'd even be tempted to play with them again. Nope, not interested. Well, it took awhile then she started playing with them again.

In milestones news, she's definitely up on all fours quite a bit now. She continues her crazy plank pose and I suppose that is her muscle building exercise for crawling. But now she's also on all fours and then slips back down to her tummy. She stays up there for a little while, but then down she goes. I did think maybe it's because I constantly have her in fleece and that stuff is slippery but all clothes would cause her to slip so I'm assuming eventually she'll "get it" and she'll get up on all fours and actually stay there. Stay tuned.

Also, we started fruits and veggies today. Well, we started sweet potatoes today. I believe I'm supposed to give her one new kind of fruit or veggie every 3-5 days. I need to look up the "giving your baby solid food" instructions again but I do remember the Dr saying to start with the "oranges" and so sweet potatoes is what she had today. It must be "orange day".  She was very curious about the sweet potatoes and was pawing at me when I brought over the bowl and spoon. Then I gave her a spoonful and she was completely taken aback. She was definitely expecting oatmeal with milk and instead got some crazy new flavor. She ate maybe a 1/2 ounce, which I thought was pretty good for the first go. We'll try this again tomorrow.

Here is our playtime with the orange bin. This was pre-orange sweet potato eating session. Orange day. Lol! I'm retarded.

Happy birthday, Erika!







So I decided to bring the toys to her.



0 comments: