You may have already seen these "Eloise vs. the Christmas tree" pictures on Facebook but here is a little added commentary.
Yesterday I was up in the office doing one quick thing on my to-do list so I set Eloise down on the floor next to me. This task was going to take me literally 1-2 minutes, tops. So I set her down, go about my business on the computer, I turn my head and she's clear across the floor at least 8 feet away. How did she get there?? She rolled all the way across the room, of course. In the quick 30-60 seconds I took my eyes off of her. Very impressive.
So I scooped her up and downstairs we went. I was done with my task and it was back to playtime. Once we got back downstairs I set her down on the floor in our usual spot - which just so happens to be adjacent to our new living room addition - the 8 1/2 foot fraser fir that I heart. And what does Miss Eloise do?? Of course...she rolls right across the floor and up to the tree. Honestly, I don't think I was too naive to believe we had at least one Christmas where we didn't have to worry about the baby and the tree. Well that idea is here and gone. Now we need to be very careful as this little girl is on the move! And I'll never forget my Mom saying...."I can't wait until she rolls from one end of the room to the other." Well Mom, you got your wish!
Here are pics of her eyeing up the tree yesterday after a stellar rolling performance that took her only a few short minutes. And after I saw how well she did at this, I took a video. This is 5 minutes long so watch it when you have time. She always gets shy when I bust out the Flip camera because of the red light on it is mesmerizing. (p.s. - I need to remember to cover up that light with a piece of tape.) The video can be seen here.
Remembering Celebrities of 2025
1 year ago




1 comments:
How adorable she is! Love that you have a tree this year! and especially that you are using the tree skirt which at one point passed for an ugly sweater. It looks much better on the tree than on Mike! hee hee
Would love to come see it!
Post a Comment